General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chickens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*~♥~*Anita

*~♥~*Anita Report 16 Jun 2008 21:10

I know this is Geneology site but I thought i would see if anyone could answer this question......

My 3, 17 week old chicks wouldnt go into the henhouse last night instead they huddled to gether under it (all enclosed for safety) should i place them in it tonight to show them where they will sleep or wait for them to find their own way..

Thanks Anita xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 16 Jun 2008 21:16

i would leave them to go in, unless mr fox is about xx, mine used to go under the hedge when i had some years ago xx

*~♥~*Anita

*~♥~*Anita Report 16 Jun 2008 21:20

ah thanks for that, we do live near farm land so there will be a fox near by no doubt they are in there now after a bit of shouting at me for manhandling them..i will check on them and if they still not happy i'll let them out
thanks agains Anita xx

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 16 Jun 2008 21:23

Check for rats, they really unsettle the birds and if they don't feel safe they won't go in. Elaine.

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 16 Jun 2008 21:24

ive got 4 now in a large pen, they dart for the door the minte i go in to change the water, tempt yours with grass or dandelions works for me , dont worry about it eing aa genealogy site just jump in and chat to any off us xxxx love puss xx

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 16 Jun 2008 21:25

Well, really!
What do you expect if you make a chicken coup out of old Paxo boxes?

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 16 Jun 2008 21:26

rats unsettle me too lol xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 16 Jun 2008 21:27

errol go and eat ya kidney beans

*~♥~*Anita

*~♥~*Anita Report 16 Jun 2008 21:28

thank you all....son just checked on them....they all quite ...

Thanks again Anita xx