General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am apprehensive about physio tomorrow (UPDATE)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 17:33

Some of you may know i had a bad fall 7 weeks ago and according to those who know did not just break both wrists but smashed them. i am plated, pinned and wired. am typing with 1 finger. now lh is beginning to work but rh is useless and i desperately need the use of my rhand back again as i am still completely reliant upon oh for everything. i know it will hurt as r wrist hurts for everthing and no pain no gain - sorry to be moaning minnie.

tinkers

tinkers Report 17 Jun 2008 17:41

i hope u r feeling better soon (((((hugs)))))))))

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 17 Jun 2008 17:42

You moan as much as you want Chris I had a collies sp fracture which was bad enough when it comes to being independant, tend to use left hand a lot more than I used to but I am right handed and cannot write with left one, it all gets very frustrating so moan away, no one on here will berate you. Hope you're soon back to full health .

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Jun 2008 17:49

Oh Chris

I know how you feel really i do

i fell 2 weeks ago landing on both outstretched hands

my left seems okay altho a little tender at times, but my right is still in plaster with a suspected scaphoid fracture - need a bone scan to confirm

so, seriously - you have my deepest empathy cos i know how hard it is to struggle with just one hand

deep breathing at the crucial moments should help the pain

(((hugs))) xxx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 17 Jun 2008 17:49

You can moan away Chris,you must be in a lot of pain.
Hope everything heals very quickly for you.
Mau xx

Hope you're coping okay Anita. I fell on my wrists,couple of years ago and had suspected fracture,(thankfully it was just severe sprains) but hurt badly!! xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 17 Jun 2008 17:53

ohno you poor thing,

and them physios are a bit psyico arent they, lol

i hope your on mend soon,
i send you healing thoughts,

id hate to be dependant, id be a right mardy ar** bum

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 17 Jun 2008 18:06

I hope it goes well Chris, and it helps you,

Can I say, it is so nice to see you back,

Caz xxx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Jun 2008 18:07

Mau

I am doing ok ta - i consider myself lucky in the circumstances eh ???

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 17 Jun 2008 18:48

I smashed my right wrist and hand.......................so sympathise completely.

One tip is to do the exercises in a warm bath.................they do hurt, but it will be worth it eventually.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 21:16

i have put my hands in basin of warm water and manipulated them. i expect it is because my rh gives so much pain and i try to do things - very minor - but cant - i dread tomorrow - bit like being in labour - you know it will get worse before it gets better. i have to get my independence back again. cannot even use my inhalers - oh has to do it. thanks each for encouragement - will let you know how it goes

Germaine

Germaine Report 17 Jun 2008 21:32

Hi Chris lovely to see you back even if only with 1 finger.
I hope tomorrow goes well and doesn't hurt too much.
Take Care
Germaine
x

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 17 Jun 2008 21:35

Hope it goes ok for you Chris and hope it's not too painfull for you. I have had physio on my dodgy shoulders, but luckily for me, they used ultrasound and I didn't have much pain at all.

Good luck.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 17 Jun 2008 21:50

thank you sue - all help appreciated

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 19 Jun 2008 14:31

I have a tall handsome young man as my physio (am sure g.dau would like him). He has reassured me I will regain use of my hands esp. my rh one. I thought my mishapen rh palm was due to surgery - not so appparently this is caused by swelling and is impeding my exercises so i have to use hot/cold compresses but think i shall also try the brown vinegar (never failed in past). Have lots more exercises to do and he tells me he expects it will take 8 -12 weeks. why oh why did i walk up that path 7 weeks ago?

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 19 Jun 2008 14:33

So you could meet tall handsome young man me thinks xx