General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A little late for Thoughts today, sorry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° Report 18 Jun 2008 13:25

But i found this, the other day, and i read it several times, and thought, yes, this is where i am in my life, I am me, I like who i have become, and what i am.
A lifetime of bullying, putting down at every opportunity, feeling worthless and useless, i have reached that point where I know family love me for who i am, partner knows me warts and all, and still thinks im wonderful and wouldnt want me any other way, Its taken a long time to get here, No thanks to the one person who should have taught me different but im here, and you know what,
Its a wonderful feeling
See, there is always a light at the end of any tunnel, sometimes though, the tunnel has bends in it, and blocks out the light for a while, but its still always there

“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:
This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.
When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.”

xxLynnxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 18 Jun 2008 13:49

Well said,Lynn, I will take you( not sure about the warts, have enough of my own).seriously though
You are one feisty lady much loved by so many,

Bless you , love lots. Jean xxxx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 18 Jun 2008 14:04

I'll second that sentiment Lynn :O))
Mau xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Jun 2008 17:58

Lynn - thanks for these lovely words - really made me feel I am worth carrying on living - warts 'n' all!!!

Special Love & Cuddles just for you
Steph xxx

Rose

Rose Report 18 Jun 2008 21:13

evening lynn
.............lovely words ........
....................rosexx..........