General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A little late for Thoughts today, sorry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º Little Nanna Lynn °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° Report 18 Jun 2008 13:25

But i found this, the other day, and i read it several times, and thought, yes, this is where i am in my life, I am me, I like who i have become, and what i am.
A lifetime of bullying, putting down at every opportunity, feeling worthless and useless, i have reached that point where I know family love me for who i am, partner knows me warts and all, and still thinks im wonderful and wouldnt want me any other way, Its taken a long time to get here, No thanks to the one person who should have taught me different but im here, and you know what,
Its a wonderful feeling
See, there is always a light at the end of any tunnel, sometimes though, the tunnel has bends in it, and blocks out the light for a while, but its still always there

“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:
This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.
When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.”

xxLynnxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 18 Jun 2008 13:49

Well said,Lynn, I will take you( not sure about the warts, have enough of my own).seriously though
You are one feisty lady much loved by so many,

Bless you , love lots. Jean xxxx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 18 Jun 2008 14:04

I'll second that sentiment Lynn :O))
Mau xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 18 Jun 2008 17:58

Lynn - thanks for these lovely words - really made me feel I am worth carrying on living - warts 'n' all!!!

Special Love & Cuddles just for you
Steph xxx

Rose

Rose Report 18 Jun 2008 21:13

evening lynn
.............lovely words ........
....................rosexx..........