General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disposal of cooking oil

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 12:35

Can anyone tell me what they do with used cooking oil. At the moment i just put it into a container and let the bin man take it, but i am sure that it could be recycled or something.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 19 Jun 2008 12:37

some places will buy it from you to refine as bio diesel.

Or you could do it yourself - its not that hard :-)

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 13:10

Hi Eldrick
what sort of places - i expect they would want a minimum quantity. I am talking about 3 ltr containers of which i have two at the moment. It seem such a waste though.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Jun 2008 13:13

well if I had that much I would dig a hole in an unused part of the garden and pour it in there

SallyF

SallyF Report 19 Jun 2008 14:23

At school we're not allowed to put it out for the dustmen anymore, so we have to have it collected. They come and get about 20 litres at a time from us. Have you thought of contacting your local council and asking them?

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 17:56

right okay i will ring council tomorrow as this is an ongoing thing, i do use quite a lot of cooking oil cos i love chips. And i have been know to dig a hole, in the garden right next to a tree in my next door neighbours garden that obstructs our view. tree couldnt look better.