General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disposal of cooking oil

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 12:35

Can anyone tell me what they do with used cooking oil. At the moment i just put it into a container and let the bin man take it, but i am sure that it could be recycled or something.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 19 Jun 2008 12:37

some places will buy it from you to refine as bio diesel.

Or you could do it yourself - its not that hard :-)

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 13:10

Hi Eldrick
what sort of places - i expect they would want a minimum quantity. I am talking about 3 ltr containers of which i have two at the moment. It seem such a waste though.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Jun 2008 13:13

well if I had that much I would dig a hole in an unused part of the garden and pour it in there

SallyF

SallyF Report 19 Jun 2008 14:23

At school we're not allowed to put it out for the dustmen anymore, so we have to have it collected. They come and get about 20 litres at a time from us. Have you thought of contacting your local council and asking them?

Mazzy

Mazzy Report 19 Jun 2008 17:56

right okay i will ring council tomorrow as this is an ongoing thing, i do use quite a lot of cooking oil cos i love chips. And i have been know to dig a hole, in the garden right next to a tree in my next door neighbours garden that obstructs our view. tree couldnt look better.