General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can Anyone Tell Me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Raymond

Raymond Report 20 Jun 2008 07:41

Hi there, here's a question if your cousin mam/woman has a child, what is that child to you, please can anyone tell me?
Thanx
Ray

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 20 Jun 2008 07:50

First cousin once removed.
You are same generation as cousin, the removed is number of generations different to you.

SallyF

SallyF Report 20 Jun 2008 07:50

Sorry do you mean if your cousin MAN/woman?
If so surely it's a second cousin rather than a first cousin? I'd guess anyway. I'm sure someone else who knows all the permutations will help soon.
:D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Jun 2008 07:54

Your first cousin's child is your first cousin once removed, Keith is correct.

Your first cousin's child and your child are second cousins.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 20 Jun 2008 08:00

If you google relationship calculator, it comes up with various webpages that have tools to show how exactly you are related :-)

SallyF

SallyF Report 20 Jun 2008 08:03

See I knew someone would know! It can get very confusing and I've never been sure how to work it out so thanks for the link.

Raymond

Raymond Report 20 Jun 2008 08:07

Hey everybody thanx for that, I thought it was something like but i have to be sure if you kmow what I mean...