General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colin from Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

?

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

Has anyone heard from him lately?

does anyone know how he is?

Susan
x

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jun 2008 23:27

Haven't seen him about for a while

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:29

I'm playing him at scrabble at the mo, will tell him he was being asked after.

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:30

Neither have I Colin, am wondering how he is as well as missing his posts. I hope he is Ok.

Susan
x

Edit......Hi Helen.....tell him to get back here and say hello, or we will send out a search party......been worried about him tsk!

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:32

I've left him a note on our game. But I'm off to bed now, so won't see any reply till tomorrow.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 24 Jun 2008 00:01

hiya all, i hv him on my facebook, and the lads ok x

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 24 Jun 2008 00:09

Hi Sandra,

would be nice if he popped in here to say hello, just for old times sake, tell him.

He is one of the gentlemen who could have a laugh but still be nice....miss him loads....no connotations intended ....just miss the fellah and his old school sense of humour :-)

Susan
x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2008 08:33

I'll add my good wishes to one of life's gentlemen. Hope you are OK Colin.

Ann
Glos

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jun 2008 08:36

yes Ann a gentleman

he can be found on facebook

if anybody needs to find him

the grand champion of scrabble xx

Colin from Hampshire

Colin from Hampshire Report 24 Jun 2008 16:25

Hi Susan, Colin, Ann, Joy, Helen and Sandra :)

Susan, Thank You for thinking of me and Helen Thank You for passing on the message.

I thought I had slipped out of the door unspotted lol It is lovely to be thought of.

I am pretty much OK and enjoying things as much as I possibly can, always looking on the bright side of life as I do. I seemed to change a little after having the recent angina attack and suddenly realized that I was sat here on the computer way to much and not doing things that I once did. Genes can be a lovely community but I also realized I was more addicted then I should have been.

I seem to be spending a lot more time with the family and doing other things that gets me out of the house a little more at the moment to. I even went fishing yesterday for the first time in a couple of years, a lovely relaxing couple of hours.

Hayley my wife has become very interested in family history and spends a fair bit of her time doing the family tree research now also :):) I must admit she has cracked a couple of my brickwalls :):)

Whilst Hayley is doing the family tree I am generally out doing Tai Chi, I am getting more and more into that also now.

Healthwise I am being very careful at the moment until I have some further check ups at the Coronary clinic tomorrow, they are about to put me on the treadmills etc and expect me to run like a hamster lol Cannot see me doing much as I am not a runner and dont have four legs either lol One will do ones best though.

At the moment I have just under a month left to run on my membership, very much undecided which way I might go with this at the moment but I promise I will pop back in before then :)

Thanks for caring and asking how things are.

Colin :):)

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 24 Jun 2008 16:36

Hello Colin... lovely to see you!

~~~~~~ waves to Susan ~~~~~~

Love

Daff xxxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 24 Jun 2008 16:46

Mwaaahhhh Colin.................I missed you too:))))

Good luck with the tests tomorrow.

xx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 24 Jun 2008 16:52

Just popped in to give Colin a big hug and a quiche....XXX BC

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 24 Jun 2008 16:53

Glad to hear you are getting on with life in the real world Colin. Can't argue with that :-)

It is so lovely to see you post though, perhaps a post now and then to let us know how you are getting on....would hate to see you leave completely.:-(.....sides, you haven't finished your tree yet.....you said so yourself....we can help, so we can :-)))))

~~~~ to everyone~~~~

Susan
x

Colin

Colin Report 24 Jun 2008 16:54

Hi Colin,
Wishing you well...
from your namesake who is still here
Cheers and good luck

Tudor

Tudor Report 24 Jun 2008 16:56

Take care of yourself, old friend !!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2008 17:28

Colin, great to see you hope all goes well with the treadmill. Fancy letting Hayley beat you with the research!!!!

please keep in touch.

Ann
Glos