General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colin from Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

?

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:25

Has anyone heard from him lately?

does anyone know how he is?

Susan
x

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 23 Jun 2008 23:27

Haven't seen him about for a while

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:29

I'm playing him at scrabble at the mo, will tell him he was being asked after.

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:30

Neither have I Colin, am wondering how he is as well as missing his posts. I hope he is Ok.

Susan
x

Edit......Hi Helen.....tell him to get back here and say hello, or we will send out a search party......been worried about him tsk!

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 23 Jun 2008 23:32

I've left him a note on our game. But I'm off to bed now, so won't see any reply till tomorrow.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 24 Jun 2008 00:01

hiya all, i hv him on my facebook, and the lads ok x

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 24 Jun 2008 00:09

Hi Sandra,

would be nice if he popped in here to say hello, just for old times sake, tell him.

He is one of the gentlemen who could have a laugh but still be nice....miss him loads....no connotations intended ....just miss the fellah and his old school sense of humour :-)

Susan
x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2008 08:33

I'll add my good wishes to one of life's gentlemen. Hope you are OK Colin.

Ann
Glos

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 24 Jun 2008 08:36

yes Ann a gentleman

he can be found on facebook

if anybody needs to find him

the grand champion of scrabble xx

Colin from Hampshire

Colin from Hampshire Report 24 Jun 2008 16:25

Hi Susan, Colin, Ann, Joy, Helen and Sandra :)

Susan, Thank You for thinking of me and Helen Thank You for passing on the message.

I thought I had slipped out of the door unspotted lol It is lovely to be thought of.

I am pretty much OK and enjoying things as much as I possibly can, always looking on the bright side of life as I do. I seemed to change a little after having the recent angina attack and suddenly realized that I was sat here on the computer way to much and not doing things that I once did. Genes can be a lovely community but I also realized I was more addicted then I should have been.

I seem to be spending a lot more time with the family and doing other things that gets me out of the house a little more at the moment to. I even went fishing yesterday for the first time in a couple of years, a lovely relaxing couple of hours.

Hayley my wife has become very interested in family history and spends a fair bit of her time doing the family tree research now also :):) I must admit she has cracked a couple of my brickwalls :):)

Whilst Hayley is doing the family tree I am generally out doing Tai Chi, I am getting more and more into that also now.

Healthwise I am being very careful at the moment until I have some further check ups at the Coronary clinic tomorrow, they are about to put me on the treadmills etc and expect me to run like a hamster lol Cannot see me doing much as I am not a runner and dont have four legs either lol One will do ones best though.

At the moment I have just under a month left to run on my membership, very much undecided which way I might go with this at the moment but I promise I will pop back in before then :)

Thanks for caring and asking how things are.

Colin :):)

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 24 Jun 2008 16:36

Hello Colin... lovely to see you!

~~~~~~ waves to Susan ~~~~~~

Love

Daff xxxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 24 Jun 2008 16:46

Mwaaahhhh Colin.................I missed you too:))))

Good luck with the tests tomorrow.

xx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 24 Jun 2008 16:52

Just popped in to give Colin a big hug and a quiche....XXX BC

Susan719813

Susan719813 Report 24 Jun 2008 16:53

Glad to hear you are getting on with life in the real world Colin. Can't argue with that :-)

It is so lovely to see you post though, perhaps a post now and then to let us know how you are getting on....would hate to see you leave completely.:-(.....sides, you haven't finished your tree yet.....you said so yourself....we can help, so we can :-)))))

~~~~ to everyone~~~~

Susan
x

Colin

Colin Report 24 Jun 2008 16:54

Hi Colin,
Wishing you well...
from your namesake who is still here
Cheers and good luck

Tudor

Tudor Report 24 Jun 2008 16:56

Take care of yourself, old friend !!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Jun 2008 17:28

Colin, great to see you hope all goes well with the treadmill. Fancy letting Hayley beat you with the research!!!!

please keep in touch.

Ann
Glos