General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone been on a cruise on Thomsons ,Calypso

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 26 Jun 2008 20:52

Thanks Pat-yes i think they are great,just this one is much smaller---ah well never mind hope it's as good as the rest.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 25 Jun 2008 21:29

Hya Mau---we are fine thanks

Jane
We have been on the Spirit and Destiny too---liked the Spirit best---so will let you know about the Calypso---been reading the reviews---some not so good but we will see----next week,the itineray looks good---Aegean wonders.

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 25 Jun 2008 10:49

I haven't Ann.......just wanted to say hello and how are you?
Mau xx

Jane

Jane Report 25 Jun 2008 10:07

Hi Ann,

am watching this one with interest as my parents are booked on this ship next May......

i have been on the Spirit, & the Destiny, both fantastic!!
my parents have been on the above too plus the Celebration also loved it.

they are looking forward to the Calypso as it is adults only & much smaller so feel it would be more friendly & personal, and can get into the smaller ports so more for them to visit.........

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 24 Jun 2008 20:02

Hi George
Yes have been on that site but not sure how honest folks are---especially if they have been on big cruise ships,as this is the smallest in Thomson's fleet I just wondered.
Thank you

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 24 Jun 2008 19:08

Hi Ann

Not actually been on the Calypso so cant give a personal opinion
However this a link to reviews of others who have.

Hope it helps, although you may have been to this site

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/search/?reviewcruiselineid=22&reviewcruiseshipid=195

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 24 Jun 2008 18:38

If so what was it like???