General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just wished birth brother happy birthday for first

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 25 Jun 2008 21:08

I only met him in february. He is 60 today ,I am 53.He never knew about me I also met another brother at the same time.Such a shame 50 plus years have gone without knowing eachother.

I am going to his party in July and will meet more of my birth relatives.My adoptive sister is going with me ,as to them she is their sister /cousin too!!.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 21:09

awe thats lovely
brings tear to your eye
im so glad you found each other, adn are reunited

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 25 Jun 2008 21:15

That is such wonderful news Helen. Happy Birthday to your birth brother - may he have many many more for you to enjoy together. What a lovely family to treat your sister as part of the family too.

God bless
Tina xxx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 25 Jun 2008 21:19

It's great that you've found each other .........Hope he has a lovely birthday xx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:22

Im really pleased for you Helen, so glad you now have each other,

Caz xxx

Jane

Jane Report 25 Jun 2008 22:09

I don't think we will see each other too often as we live so far apart but we ha.ve the telephone

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Jun 2008 22:19

Hi Helen

Wonderful news ! Great feeling isn't it ? has he got a computer you can alway send e.mails to each other or go on messenger.
I live hundreds of miles from my BS but still stay in touch these ways :O)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Jun 2008 22:20

Awwww bless!!

(((hugs)))

Jane

Jane Report 25 Jun 2008 22:34

Thanks everyone.it's great but weird after all these years .I found him through GR after one try.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Jun 2008 23:43

how wonderful that you have found each other, albeit late in life but as they say, better late than never eh!!!

Ann XXXX

ann

ann Report 25 Jun 2008 23:55

Thats Great.My mum met her birth sister 2 years ago.Mum is 79 and her sister 78. Annie

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 26 Jun 2008 00:00

Wonderful news Helen !

CMD

CMD Report 26 Jun 2008 00:02

Dear Helen,
When I read of meetings and reunions like that, I feel my subscription is well worth while..
I hope you have a wonderful day
cmdxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jun 2008 03:32

How lovely you have met up. I hope your brother has a great birthday and you all enjoy the party next month.
May you have many happy occasions with your newfound family and never lose touch again.
Lizx