General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The removed Heinz ad.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 25 Jun 2008 21:16

For mayonnaise (or something similar)that was removed due to complaints..... if you can't recall it.....bloke dressed and acting like a New York Deli worker, takes the place of the wife and mother , kisses the father goodbye and calls him *sweetcheeks*"missing you already" etc........

What do you reckon? Were they right to remove it or is it an over reaction? xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 21:18

i dont member seeing it bet it was as funny as it sounds

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:19

I saw the advert and thought it was a bit of fun...............I couldn't have told you what it was advertising though, thanks for telling me:))))))) LOL

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 25 Jun 2008 21:19

Thats nothing the cartoon charachter Speedy Gonzales was dropped from the cartoon schedules because it might upset Mexicans

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:19

again pc gone madness omg

someone complaint about sainsburys slogan "take an old bag shopping" (we take mam every week haha) but seriously it was telling u to reuse bags n there was a stink kicked up

wat a very sily world we live in

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 25 Jun 2008 21:19

Cannot recall the advert but would say the world is losing their sense of humour. We wont be able to speak soon for fear of saying the wrong thing.

Tina xx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:21

In the words of Monty Python Muffs

'This is getting silly, very silly!!'

Cazzles xx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Jun 2008 21:21

Thought the advert was really funny. Still I suppose some people would complain.

steph x

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 21:22

its like that now tina, i feel very worried after i say something in case its been taken wrong way

teenagers dont give a monkeys uncle,
they jus tthiink they are entitled to free speech
i admire it in a way