General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bovril cubes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:20

Does anyone on here know why I can't get Bovril cubes. Been usin them for 50 years and don't like the alternitives. Elaine.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 21:27

i seen um in sainsbrys i sure of that,

i got jar of bovril in cupboard

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:40

We've only Tesco and Morrisons near us. I have the jars but they aint the same in a stew. Now when I cook it tastes different and I am feeling deprived. It is an awful thing to have to relearn to cook a stew after 50 years. Elaine.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:53

Husband told by our tesco that they are discontinued. I've emailed Unilever to try to find out why, so I will see if they reply. Meanwhile no stews, no braised liver no steak and onions. Oh I will have to stop it's making me hungry just thinking about what I can't have. Elaine.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 22:00

no way you cant stp making bovrils,
they are important to lotsa people,

hubby told son how he used to like a cuppa bovril
(in his northern accent)
son said, yeh dad, its a cup of gravy your drinking

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jun 2008 03:50

Hi Elaine, just googled them and they still seem to be on the website for the company. Maybe you will get a box sent to you free.
hope you are ok.
Lizxx