General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bovril cubes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:20

Does anyone on here know why I can't get Bovril cubes. Been usin them for 50 years and don't like the alternitives. Elaine.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 21:27

i seen um in sainsbrys i sure of that,

i got jar of bovril in cupboard

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:40

We've only Tesco and Morrisons near us. I have the jars but they aint the same in a stew. Now when I cook it tastes different and I am feeling deprived. It is an awful thing to have to relearn to cook a stew after 50 years. Elaine.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 25 Jun 2008 21:53

Husband told by our tesco that they are discontinued. I've emailed Unilever to try to find out why, so I will see if they reply. Meanwhile no stews, no braised liver no steak and onions. Oh I will have to stop it's making me hungry just thinking about what I can't have. Elaine.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Jun 2008 22:00

no way you cant stp making bovrils,
they are important to lotsa people,

hubby told son how he used to like a cuppa bovril
(in his northern accent)
son said, yeh dad, its a cup of gravy your drinking

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jun 2008 03:50

Hi Elaine, just googled them and they still seem to be on the website for the company. Maybe you will get a box sent to you free.
hope you are ok.
Lizxx