General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone in Gibralter,?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 26 Jun 2008 13:46

OH thinks we ought to move there,,,the uk isnt what it used to be,,,fuel prices ,,nhs etc.

I want to know what its like to live there,,,iv only spent a day thee while on cruise,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Jun 2008 13:59

I spent a day there a few years back - would never want to go there again - like stepping back in time - everything old hat - and when I say everything, all in all there wasn't much of anything - could never ever imagine anyone actually living there!!

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 26 Jun 2008 14:14

Thank you Ann

Roxanne

Roxanne Report 26 Jun 2008 14:16

I live on Mainland Spain, I hate Gibralter, I certainly wouldnt want to live there,Its Dirty:-((
Ive lived here for 11years and have only been there once, and that was enough!

Small blonde Angel

Small blonde Angel Report 26 Jun 2008 14:25

I though Gib was OK when I went there and most people who are stationed there are happy and they can get into mainland Spain without many probs.
Angela

Whirley

Whirley Report 26 Jun 2008 14:29

I lived on and off on the Costa del Sol a few years back and went to Gib many times to do shopping, but that was it. I certainly would not want to live there. If I was you Claire, go and spend a week or so there and then make up your mind.

Good Luck:)

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 26 Jun 2008 14:56

Yes i think we should go and spend some time there before committing