General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it me.... or is £10m too much

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 27 Jun 2008 06:57

money to spend campaigning to become president of USA? and that is just one candidate. Well in fact that was just campaigning to be the Democrat candidate.

Full Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7476689.stm

"Mrs Clinton's advisers have warned Mr Obama that her ability to campaign on his behalf will be limited if she has to spend the summer raising money to pay off her more than $20m (£10m) debt racked up in her failed bid to win the nomination."

I know money has to be spent in order to get their views aired but this amount still seems very extreme. I wonder what will be spent in total for all the candidates by the time the election is over.

It would be interesting to find out how much money is spent at election time in the UK. (although it is a much smaller country)

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 27 Jun 2008 07:46

I must admit Secret Red, that I find it obscene at the vast amounts politicians and parties spend on giving us the message.....but this is a Democracy where all are allowed to put forward their manifestos and to be given equal air time and media coverage to put their point across.......it all costs megabucks and its the promotions people behind the scenes that get the cash.....

I don't really want to know how much politicians and business people are prepared to fund the parties to give us their false promises......ie....that we would be allowed to vote in a referendum to decide our way forward/or not in Europe.......what an about face that was!.....
finding out the true costs of the exercise would only enforce that there is nothing we can do about it.....