General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Up early so thought I would...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 07:21

check my e-mails, then see what was happening on here,I couldn't believe it, does know body sleep? or are you all in Aus?
Gill x

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 29 Jun 2008 07:33

I'm UK but also an early riser, read my book for a hour in bed before getting up to feed the cats about half an hour ago.

Got the coffee on sorting out some paperwork for work and will be human when the rest of the house wakes up. I like my quiet time, esp at 8 when my sundays arrive and I get to read them in peace for half an hour.

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 07:35

Good morning Yorkie Grannie,
Yes Iam the same, but can't face the computer till I'v had a few cups of tea, lol

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 07:40

Good morning Maddiecow,
I also like my quiet time before OH gets up, all the family usually turn up about 10am but they are all away on holidays this week. So should be peacefull all day today.

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 07:57

I think it's out for lunch and a drive out in the country for us, that's if the weather holds, it looks a bit dodgy at the moment.

JustJean

JustJean Report 29 Jun 2008 08:03

Morning everyone, bit dull here in lancs, we are off for three days away, desperately need a break, not going far, Lytham,no house work !!!!
Have a nice day .

Jean x

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 29 Jun 2008 08:07

Morning Jean, Gill & Yorkie Grannie. Hope you have a nice break Jean. Its overcast and drizzling in the West Country

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 08:10

Morning Jean,
I know what you mean OH had a knee replacement in May and I had an accident end of March, dislocated shoulder and a fracture, so we are in need of a break, going to Majorca on Saturday for a week, can't wait!!!

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 29 Jun 2008 08:28

Morning all
cloudy here too
love this quiet time
have a nice day
Jenxx

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 08:30

Well I think it's time I went for my shower now, been up two hrs and still in my dressing gown, what would my mother have said!!!! LOL. I will be back
Gill x

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 29 Jun 2008 08:34

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!

Well that should have shifted the sleep from yer eyes lol.

Bin up for hours but only just came on here. Early at 7.20 tsk! That is a positive lay-in.

I am not a morning person and like my space OH will get his head bit off if he dares to comes down before I have had at least two hours. If he comes down before then I am a right snap-head. But I am lovely with it - honest lol.

Have a good day. Hope to do some retail shopping later at Tesco and a DIY store - how thrilling :( lol :)))

Tina x

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 29 Jun 2008 08:39

morning all been up at 7.00 again cant lie in but off to church later prepared lunch walked dog it is warm here at the mo love to get out in garden if nice later

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Jun 2008 08:51

Good Morning all,

There used to be quite a few up really early, especially weekdays. I would join them about 6.20 am. after OH had caught the train to London.

It's dry, cloudy and quite breezy here, so I'll probably do some more hand-washing....Can't waste a good drying day!
Roll on Thursday when a new washing machine arrives.
Great grandfather would have been horrified. Mum used to tell me that she wasn't allowed to do any work on a Sunday.

Gwyn

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 09:16

LOL Gwyn, I think your grt grandfather was very civilized. wish someone would stop me working on a Sunday.

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 29 Jun 2008 09:20

Oh well, peace and quiet over OH just got up.
Bye for now, might see ya all later.

Have a good day.
Tina xx

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 29 Jun 2008 09:22

Same here Tina, I can hear him moving about,lol
Gill xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Jun 2008 09:23

Gill
He died long before I was born, so I never knew him, but Mum told how she went to visit just after she'd married. She caught her shoe in the hem of her dress and asked her grandmother for a needle and cotton to fix it. Grt grandfather wouldn't allow that, but did allow her to safety pin it.

Gwyn