General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

holiday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 2 Jul 2008 20:16

hi carol there are quite a few differant islands there some have more vegetation than others

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 2 Jul 2008 20:12

Hi Linda. Many years ago whilst flying out to South Africa, our plane lost an engine while landing in Ilha de Sol (sp) in the Cape Verdes. We had to spend nearly 2 days there and we were shuttled to the islands only hotel. I can still see the donkeys that were tethered beside the road.....so they wouldn,t eat all the vegetation. Oddly enough, I,ve never been back. lol

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 2 Jul 2008 20:08

that sounds like you enjoyed it there
do they want our rain i send it to um

Linda

Linda Report 2 Jul 2008 20:04

it is very barren as it has not rained for 12yrs the only plants trees ect are what the hotels have imported

Sally Moonchild

Sally Moonchild Report 2 Jul 2008 20:01

That sounds very exotic Linda........never heard of that Island, but I bet it is beautiful and unspoilt.....

Linda

Linda Report 2 Jul 2008 19:59

Hi everyone iam back have been on a very nice holiday to Cape Verdi island of sal off the west coast of Africa.It is such a poor country .dont think we would go again as there are lots of places to see