General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please could i ask

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 4 Jul 2008 10:47

as some of you may remember i got in touch with my cousin which i had,nt seen for 64yrs who lives in cornwall,but cant go as i dont want to go into B&B but ive just had aletter from my cousin which leaves me with asad heart,one of my cousins died last year and now his son has beendiagonised with cancer of the liver,but owing to him being diabetic he cannot be treated,and he travells quite often from Wiltshire to visit his mum who is 91yrs he visits his mum so she can stay in her own home,but is now worried whats going to happen to her,my cousin went on to tell me hes wonderful husband,father and g,father hes only 66yrs old
and my cousin has lost her best friend of 40yrs so could i ask please for thoughts for my family,its not been agood time the last 2yrs for her first her d.i.l then her brother and now her nephew,i feel so helpless,thank you
Dutchxx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 4 Jul 2008 10:58

So Sorry Dutch,

I'll say a prayer for them.

Marilyn

jgee

jgee Report 4 Jul 2008 11:01

positive thoughts for you dutch, xx

bless you JoanG

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 4 Jul 2008 11:02

Thoughts and prayers for your family and you Dutch. Dont forget to take care of yourself too.
Love Mary xx

*~~*Posh*~~*

*~~*Posh*~~* Report 4 Jul 2008 11:03

Thinking of you and the family Dutch xxxx

dutch

dutch Report 4 Jul 2008 12:41

im just trying to write aletter to my cousin ,she said the travelling would be to long for me also the prices of Airfares and coaches has gone up,which i know as was going to england but just could,nt afford 140 pound plane fare ,and everything on top,im going to try and explain to her i no she,ll understand,but i dont like telling her ,sometimes life just is,nt fair,and thank you kind words go along way in my book,

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Jul 2008 12:46

Hi Joyce, want to say thanks so much, the card arrived today,so have put it with a couple of other early ones. You are a sweetheart and sooo organised, not like me ! Will have to get my self sorted soon as I have lots of birthdays this month, including my son's next Thursday.

Shame to hear about your cousin's sad times, and of course, I wish we had been able to do that visit earlier this year Joyce. Maybe when you feel better and get your legs sorted out, something can be sorted out so you see your cousin again.
Meanwhile positive thoughts to them all, and to you my love,
Lizxx

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 4 Jul 2008 14:44

Oh Dutch. So sorry to hear of your cousin.
Thinking of you all.

Speak soon. Got boys today, tomorrow night, and all day Sunday.

Vic xx

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 4 Jul 2008 15:25

So sorry my thoughts and prayers are with
your family
Love Jenxx

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 4 Jul 2008 15:49

my thoughts are with you all,

Karen x

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 7 Jul 2008 13:40

Positive thoughts & prayers for you, Dutch - please take good care of yourself.
Prayers for all your family.

Love & Cuddles
Steph xxx