General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CERTIFICATES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jul 2008 02:22

Glad you got it sorted....but you won't get a date of birth on a 1962 death certificate.
They didn't start including that information until 1969.

Gwyn

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 17:21

Thank goodness for that................hope the certificates arrive soon:))

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 16:04

HELLO ALL IV DONE IT NOW THANK YOU ALL

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 4 Jul 2008 15:43

Marriages Mar 1901
Gibbs William Edward Tenbury 6c 257
PARKER Mary Jane Tenbury 6c 257

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 4 Jul 2008 15:34

Surely if you give the Vol no, Page no, Month Quarter and year they will send you one. Are you doing it online?

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 15:11

she would have been born in HEREFORDSHIRE somewhere thats where they all came from

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 15:09

KITTY i did get that but to get her death cert and even her marriage cert i need dates and i dont really know where to get the dates from

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 15:08

PARKER was her maiden name she married a GIBBS

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 15:05

Mary J Gibbs aged 96 January quarter Manchester 10e 239

Mary J Gibbs aged 83 April Qtr Hereford 9a 11

Fiund 2 will look for later quarters after the school run.

Forgetmenot

Forgetmenot Report 4 Jul 2008 15:05

Lisa, is Gibbs her married name or birth name? were was she likely to have been born?

Gillie.

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 14:55

IM LOOKING FOR MARY JANE GIBBS HER DEATH WAS IN 1962 I GOT JAN/FEB/MARCH AS MONTHS BUT NOTHING ELSE I AM ACTUALLY TRYING TO FIND HER BIRTH AND THIS IS THE ONLY WAY IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET IT

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 14:51

IV TRIED FILLING IN THE FORM TO GET THE CERT AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO PUT IN THE DD/MM/YYYY, AND I CANT PUT THE DAY OR MONTH IN

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 14:49

THE YEAR OF DEATH WAS 1962 BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT THE DAY AND MONTH WERE

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jul 2008 14:43

If you re-read the form, you only need the exact date of death if it is a fairly recent death. It is a bit misleading but I think if it is more than 50 years ago you just need the registration area, quarter and vol/page number.

Ann
Glos

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 4 Jul 2008 14:42

If it is fairly recent, you might need the date of death.................what year are you looking for?

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 4 Jul 2008 14:32

Who and what year, I'll see if I can get you the details.

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jul 2008 14:18

IM TRYING TO GET A DEATH CERT CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO GET ONE OF THE GRO IT TELLS ME I NEED THE EXACT DATE OF DEATH AND I DONT KNOW IT I JUST KNOW THE YEAR