General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It Is As Hot As Blazes Again....-

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindy

Lindy Report 5 Jul 2008 17:28

However, this time we have gusting winds that are cool, but somehow do nothing to help indoors.

OH.. Barbequed.. T-bone steaks and I made lots of salads..

Both boys went to a wedding in our area so will have them both home this evening and they have leftovers to nibble on.

My eldest son went dressed as if he was going to a Bahama's party, white and beige sandals with open backs, the expensive kind not the beach kind.

Beige top and white long shorts ...I said that all he needed was to have a straw hat to look like a holidaymaker, he was not impressed...

His partner look great as he always does...

Youngest son decided not to take anyone ..mmmm....he is too good looking for his own good and I have warned him not to bring any other would be wife home.

I have warned all of them...no drinking and driving...take a taxi which I will pay for if need be...

As parents, do we ever get a good nights sleep..?!

I already have problems without having to worry about them, even if they are now adults..but when they sleep at home..I worry.

Lindy ;)))))))))))))))))

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 5 Jul 2008 17:42

very similar weather here Lindy, blazing sun most of the time but really strong winds too. however I doubt you will get the heavy rain forecast here for tonight and tomorrow!

bet your son will have a few admirers at the wedding then :-)
am sure they will all be sensible - doubt they would dare to risk your wrath lol

Maz. XX

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Jul 2008 17:48

Has only been 36C here today, but very humid again, maximum 71% humidity and also have the dust hanging in the air.

Lindy

Lindy Report 5 Jul 2008 17:54

Maz,

If only we had summer rains, it would really make a difference and the evenings would be cooler...

As a mother I am an old dragon and have done the best I can with my boys. To try to steer them on the right course, to be sensible young men, and not follow in their parents footsteps....lol..

They know that they can depend on me and I love them to bits...but if they do the wrong thing...Well...I don't even want to go there...

Lindy ;)))))))))

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 5 Jul 2008 18:00

Lindy I am the same, I just hope they thank me for it later lol

Keith, sounds like you need to get in the pool ! hope you've got access to one! if not, cold shower lol

Maz. XX

Lindy

Lindy Report 5 Jul 2008 18:02

Keith..

No! No!........ too hot for me...

So far we have been lucky as the humidity is very low for this time of the year.

When it hits over 30 degrees and over 100% humidity, I am nobody's friend..

Then to top it off when that hot wind blows over from the North African Desert. I am ready to commit murder...

I will now crawl back into my corner.

Lindy ;))

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Jul 2008 18:02

Cold shower Maz, Hilton across the road charge about £20 to use the pool!
However the Indian ocean is only about 150 yards from me, but would not go in it, not a public beach and lots of Muslims here of course.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Jul 2008 18:04

Lindy, we get the Shammal winds here, hottest so far this year (back in May) was 46 here, hottest in UAE was 56 the other day at a base in the middle of the desert.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 5 Jul 2008 18:05

tut...it's like a monsoon here since yesterday heavy rain and high winds. I have to keep reminding myself its July :(

Lindy

Lindy Report 5 Jul 2008 18:11

In that case Keith I shall die and go to hell!

Off to the pool as this is that time of the afternoon...Our backyard is very much lower then the house, with high walls so we do not feel the gusts down there...

However, once the sun goes down round about 21:30 nobody can be out there as the mosquito's take over...

Have a pleasant evening everyone...wherever you are...

Lindy ;)))

Lindy

Lindy Report 5 Jul 2008 18:15

Wanna swap Trish..?

I will meet you down at the pool...

Lindy ;))

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 5 Jul 2008 18:20

Hi Lindy,

Weather is lovely in the lakes now, wasnt earlier though.I think we always worry about our kids, maybe more when they are older as we cant keep them in one place!!

Love and hugs,

Caz xxx

Mrs.  Blue Eyes

Mrs. Blue Eyes Report 5 Jul 2008 18:24

Do you have a sleeping porch?
When I was a kid and living in Malta, we had a sort of porch thing on the roof, it had a solid roof and net sides, the wind could blow through but the mozzies couldn't get in mum also used to burn those funny spiral things to kill em off..xx

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 5 Jul 2008 18:32

Oh I do envy you the nice weather Lindy!

We've had everything from sunshine to thunder storms here today. My day off work too!!

And yes, I still worry about my "kids" too. They're 23 and 25 and don't think they would appriciated being called kids now!

Margaret Ashburton NZ

Margaret Ashburton NZ Report 5 Jul 2008 21:37

Its opposite here Lindy Temperatures cold 8 30am now its 3 deg c weather clearing after snow yesterday
Ill send you a little of our cooler temp lol

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jul 2008 22:22

lucky old you Lindy - we've got the high winds but freezing cold and slinging it down!