General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

a question on familysearch.org

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 6 Jul 2008 13:10

The answer is no. My gran & family are on Family search put on there by someone who took my tree off here then submitted it to Family Search. He has wrong information on there. Use it as a guide only then research it.
Hilary.

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 6 Jul 2008 13:07

Not neccessarily especially if the submitter is an American they tend to latch onto other peoples trees even though it might not be their ancestors.they also put in what they think they know not what they actually have proved from records etc
Also in the past I have contacted submitters about famiy names and found out that their names had been put on the wrong family pages

Surf

Surf Report 6 Jul 2008 12:54

I have been looking at familysearch.org
I have notice that the submitter is the same person on
all the submitted materail i am researching

does this mean that the submitter is researched and submitted names they are reseaching and then submitted

I have been researching two different tree lines and all the submitted materail is by one sertain person will this also be there
tree line that they may have research too.

or are they just random submittiones that they may have transcribed for familysearch.

surf