General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

she said 'ive got wet cold hands' dohhhhh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jul 2008 15:08

just been to snowdome, Lissy and boyfriend went ice skating while me and hubby took laddo and tiddler toboganning.

After a couple of runs heard one woman say to others she was with 'ive got cold wet hands I didnt expect that' dohhhhhhhh its real snow what else is going to happen.

Really feeling it now and know tomorrow will be be worse but they enjoyed themselves which is main thing and was a travellator to top so not much walking just got a wet soggy bum.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 6 Jul 2008 15:12

I was like that in Legoland --wet rides and then it rained , I had crops on and sandals !!!
Glad Lissy is having a good birthday
Ros xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jul 2008 15:43

sounds like Lissy is having a fun day. well done dawnie for making it special.

Goodness i can still remember my 16th, tame in comparison, it was on a Sunday so I had friends from the church young people club (including my now OH) to tea!! And, i wore a blue and white striped dress, and most of the lads were in naval uniform.

ann
Glos.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jul 2008 17:40

Oh Ann, I can just about remember mine! No special celebrations, but was the day school finished for the summer holidays and I finished my education. No money to stay on, as parents were of the thought I would get married and didn't need to go on to further education.
I got a transistor radio, one I had seen in a shop window and hinted about like mad.
Dawnie is such a great Mum who would never let a special occasion go by without lots of effort to make it memorable.
Lizx

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jul 2008 19:13

I cant remember mine ladies, know for my 18th I was in bed with Hong Kong Flu was really ill so am glad I didnt ask for a party.

Hope shes enjoyed her day well seemed to be til half hour ago when she got stroppy over something so I walked away and wouldnt talk to anyone, shame on me but we are so similar that we clash like this at times.

I know that 2 things today have upset her(appart from the cake not being like she wanted), one there is a good reason for , which she understands, the other not a reason for so think it all got to her.
She did come out of her room after crying and her boyfriend probably talking to her and telling her how mean she was and appologised and we had a cuddle and kissed and made up. Just wish we werent so alike and didnt clash so much.

d x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 6 Jul 2008 19:15

Liz

dont have a lot of money but always try and make days special for them, doesnt always work but we try and dont think I am a great mum just learning as I go along

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jul 2008 02:40

Don't underestimate yourself Dawnie, you have done really well at being there for your children, despite your health problems, and giving them fun times and good lessons for life. Spending time with them is worth more than buying expensive gifts and always being out at work, or too busy with your own things.
A close family like yours is worth all the money there is. (Would be nice to have a bit more to go round tho eh ? lol)
Lizx