General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Moving my Tree Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 6 Jul 2008 22:14

I haven't tried doing that exactly but I do know you need an offline tree program to export your tree to. The free one on the Mormon site would do
http://www.familysearch.org/

Once you have your tree on your computer as a gedcom it can then be imported into other sites.

I use Genopro (www.genopro,com) as my program but it is a rather odd form of gedcom and doesn't export easily to all other formats. I still like the program though.

Good luck
Sue

Sara

Sara Report 6 Jul 2008 21:59

I would like to send my tree to my account on ancestry, but dont know how can anyone help thanks sara