General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sian

Sian Report 20 Jul 2008 22:03

Hiya,

I just posted a link on the community and cant find it at all. Maybe I dreamt it ;o)

Anyway, would anyone be able to offer advice? Is there census information online after 1901? I'd like to research family who were born in 1920 etc and cant seem to trace them back? Do you have any advice? I dont have specifics like names etc as there are so many but I'd like to know how to go about finding people who I dont have DOB for etc.

Hopefully I wont lose the link next time haha.

Thank you

Sian

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 20 Jul 2008 22:05

Sian............in the yellow box (on the left ) it says my threads........click on it and what you posted before should be there.

Sian

Sian Report 20 Jul 2008 22:08

Thanks Amanda, doh! I hadnt noticed that. Still trying to work my way around this site as I only started on Friday. I just checked and it isnt in there so I couldnt have submitted it.

Thanks again.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 20 Jul 2008 22:31

You'll get the hang of it Sian.........it took me three yeas to find the threads box.........and that was only because somebody told me it was there..........lol

Good luck with you researching.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 20 Jul 2008 22:50

lol Sian... you were on General Board... you're now on chat!!

Look at the margin on your left, at the top it will tell you the different boards and what they are for!

Welcome to GR by the way, and good luck.

Love

Daff xxx