General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BENEFIT CHANGES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 21 Jul 2008 06:42

WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ON THE CHANGE IN BENEFITS?
WHY MUST GENUINE CLAIMANTS BE MADE TO SUFFER AS A RESULT OF THOSE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO GET A JOB?

Lin in Sussex

Lin in Sussex Report 21 Jul 2008 06:59

Can really understand where you are coming from V.
Years ago I had to have a couple of medicals with DHSS appointed Drs.
All went fine and no problems.
Then last year I got a letter saying they wanted to see me again. Again I have no problem with this as my condition has worsened over the years. However I phoned them to ask if it was possible to have one nearer to home as I dont drive and find using public transport a real pain ( sorry no pun intended ).
While I was on the phone I asked if it was totally necessary for the medical ?
I was told in no uncertain terms that if I did'nt attend then my benefits would be stopped. I was also told the reason for the visit was because my G.P hadn't been in touch with them. This happened on aThursday. On the following Monday, having spent the w/end worrying, I got another letter. This time it said you do NOT need to attend.
So I rang again to make sure this was right. This time I was told that they had heard from G.P. She had verified all my problems.
The moral of this little story is that they were quick enough to jump on me. But, what about those who are as you say " too lazy " ?
Do they jump on them as fast?
I wonder.

Lin x

Grabagran

Grabagran Report 21 Jul 2008 07:04

I'm talking about the changes being unveiled today Lin.

You don't have anything to worry about I would hope.
I think they should rightly crack down on those who claim IB for no other reason than to avoid going to work.

xx

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 Jul 2008 07:41

I started a thread on this the other day. Lots of interesting comments, the majority in favour of a shake up, poivided the real needy don't have to suffer.

I'll bump it up if anyone wants to read the comments.