General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am so chuffed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 24 Jul 2008 21:48

as just had a text off my Auntie and my 2 daughters are in her local paper so she is getting me some copies tomorrow.
I can't wait to see them.
She also said that my sons who also had their pics taken for the same paper might be in it next week.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Jul 2008 21:53

Thats lovely Lisa..........usually you can order copies of photos from newspapers.......they come out better than they are printed ( hope that makes sense....lol)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Jul 2008 21:55

So how does that hold up against people taking pics of children, or are you children grown up Lisa?

I often see photographs of events that have taken place and they are shown in the newspaper, so why is there one rule for them and one for parents and friends taking pics of kids playing?

Lizx

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Jul 2008 22:14

I expect that the news paper photographer has to ask permission in this day and age.

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 24 Jul 2008 22:17

aw how lovly lisa xxxx

liz at our scholl when they join we are asked to sign a disclaimer that they can take picture along with the local paper to be placed to promote the school in how they see fit ie local paper web site , newsletters

i dont no any parent who hasnt agreed to this hun

luv
stray
xxx

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 24 Jul 2008 22:26

I am going to contact the photographer to see about getting copies of all of the photos he took of my children Amanda as they will be bigger and yes they will be better.
No Liz my daughters are only 3 and 5 and i wasn't asked for my permission for them to have their pics taken.
I do know what you mean though as i wasn't allowed
to take pics of my children at their sports day or even at their xmas concerts.
Thanks Stray, i am really looking forward to seeing them, i just wish that they had been on the papers site as i am impatient lol.
Lisa xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Jul 2008 02:57

It will be lovely to have the copies. I have some pics of my son from the newspaper, but can't remember if I got a copy of the original. Bit late now, 20 years ago.

Lizx

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 25 Jul 2008 15:22

Hi Liz,
I emailed the newspaper and they contacted me this morning and they have forwarded my email onto the editor and chief photographer so hopefully i will hear something about getting copies of the pics soon.
It is lovely having copies of them though isn't it?
Have asked my auntie to get me some copies of the paper today so can pass the pics onto family.
Yes i agree with you Linda, but my childrens names will not have been mentioned as i wasn't asked their names.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Jul 2008 04:06

Hope you get the pics, Lisa and copies from the newspapers too. NIce to look back on later when they are grown up.
Lizx

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 26 Jul 2008 12:38

Thank you Liz, My auntie managed to get me some some copies of the newspaper, and hopefully will hear from the photographer really soon so i can get copies of the pics that where taken of my sons as well, especially the one where my eldest son was morris dancing.
Lisa x

Deanna

Deanna Report 27 Jul 2008 12:37

Bet they are lovely Lisa.
And yes, the stupidity of not being able to take photos of our own children is just too stupid for words.
These are all the things we want to show them when they grow up, and we want to remember.
Deanna X

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 3 Aug 2008 09:24

Well I finally heard from somebody at the newspaper, was told that if i bought 2 photos that I would get one free so decided to order one of each photo but have now been told that I can only get a free one if i order 2 of the same photo and the free one will have to be the same as the ones i have bought, i emailed and asked if i could order one of each and get a free one but they are refusing to do that.
I just can't see what difference it makes to them which way they do it as they would still be getting a fair amount of money for them off me, so i will just order one of each and forget about the free one.
I am just happy to be able to get the photos of my children
xx