General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just found out what the smell was

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 19 Aug 2008 11:16

got back on Sunday and opened the understrairs cupboard and thought what a stink. When eldest got home she said it started at beginning of week, hubby got all food out thinking it was a potatoe gone off in there but no.

Laddo has just emptied back of it for me and said have found the smell mum its a dead mouse, yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Me being the brave woman I am left him to it and told him to scoop it up and put it outside in the bottom hedge.

Just got to put it all back in now the coast is clear.

d x

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Aug 2008 11:23

We had a dead mouse behind our stove years ago. It is the most awful smell and we didn't track it down for ages so you can imagine the stink in our kitchen.
S x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 19 Aug 2008 11:28

Sue
is a horrible smell isnt it, lets hope the smell in cupboard clears soon

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Aug 2008 11:33

I think that now you've gotten rid of the culprit the smell should go away pretty quick. A few drops of eucalyptus oil took away the smell once we had tracked it down. We had a back door and small window taken out and replaced with a sliding glass door. The builders found a mouse skeleton inside the window frame and told us it is very common to find little skeletons inside walls etc. We didn't have a smell with that one thank goodness.
S x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Aug 2008 11:41

I've just gone off that bit of toast I've just started eating :o((

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Aug 2008 11:45

Sorry, Elaine:))
S x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Aug 2008 11:49

Thats ok...2 calories saved pmsl !

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 19 Aug 2008 11:54

Sue our good deed for day is done we could become diet gurus just talk about dead mice and save everyone calories

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Aug 2008 12:31

We could bottle the smell as a diet aid, Dawn. One whiff and you're off your food for the day. We'll make a fortune.
S x