General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Remembering Birthdays,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 27 Oct 2008 12:40

Changed the date this morning, and see 27th October, and remembered my dear old Dad would have been 103 today.

That got me remembering the young man who was my Dad when I was a little girl. Who looked after me, and then when he got old, I was the one who looked after him.

My how time flies.

Mo

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Oct 2008 13:17

Thinking of you today on this day of memories.
It sounds as if you and your Dad had a lovely bond.

Gwyn

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 27 Oct 2008 13:20

yes Mo the tables turn don't they
Thinking of you today on your Dad's birthday
Jenxx

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 27 Oct 2008 16:49

Thank you Gwyn and Jen, Yes my Dad was a wonderful man. We had a special bond. and fortunately John my OH also bonded with him.

Mo

Claddagh

Claddagh Report 27 Oct 2008 16:58

Thinking of you today Maureen. I know what 'special' days mean. Good to hear that your oh also bonded with your dad.