General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

unanswerd mesages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2008 14:55

help , i have people that i have found on tree search, who have 4 matches with my tree but although i have sent mesages three times have not had a reply, its most frustrating as i have info which would be helpfull to them , and also i expect they would have info that would help me with my tree so if kayley or suzanne are reading this , please get in touch ,, its regarding richard, george, francis and ann way,

ForeverMystified

ForeverMystified Report 27 Oct 2008 15:15

Know just how your feeling Linda, same happened here only I was contacted first by a member over 10 days ago silence been my reward since.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 27 Oct 2008 15:44

Most of them are long past members who just don't renew but leave their trees on board,
It's a shame GR should have an advertising campaign to draw folks back again,

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Oct 2008 15:51

Debbie there's no need to give our email address, nonpaying members can still reply.

The problem seems to lie with Gr's policy, everyone is a member unless they delete. Perhaps it wold be better if they took the stand that if you haven't logged on within 12 month your account is deleted

** deletion above was mine done in errror**

Linda

Linda Report 28 Oct 2008 16:20

thanks to you all for your input makes me feel a lot better to know it happens to others, thought it must be me as i am quiet new to g.r and researching my family tree. will try putting my e mail address, perhaps i will get a response, here's hopping