General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dear Marje

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 21 Nov 2008 13:56

My wife has bought some coffee mugs. My biscuits won,t fit inside them. Yes, I could break them first but I get shouted at if I leave crumbs..
Should I divorce her after 49 years - and perhaps marry Madonna?. I feel i've got at least another 6 months in me.

Happy days

"deal with the faults of others as gently as you do your own"

WhackyJackieInOz

WhackyJackieInOz Report 21 Nov 2008 14:01

Madonna might not let you dunk
Better the devil you know I say

break the biscuits and hope for the best lol
Regards
Jackie

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Nov 2008 14:02

you might get a good price for her, on Ebay!
LOL
shows how inconsiderate she is, she should have taken a biscuit sample to try in the mugs before she bought them..
LOL

Bob

Iris

Iris Report 21 Nov 2008 14:03

break them on a plate , no crumbs ,then with luck you wont get shouted at, ...have you not learnt that after 49 years,.....men !!!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Nov 2008 14:05

You won't get biscuits with Madonna.You will have to have all that organic stuff.

I think you would probably do better with somebody like Rosemary Schrager.She looks like a woman who would enjoy a biscuit or two.

Harry

Harry Report 21 Nov 2008 14:29

Thank you. Like most men, I just fancy a nibble occasionally. Would I get that off Madonna -(I should be so lu...)

Happy days

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 22 Nov 2008 03:02

lol what a lovely thread! I'd give your wife another chance Harry, why not ask Santa for a dunking size Mug ?

Lizx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 22 Nov 2008 08:26

or....you could ask the missus (nicely) to bake some biscuits perfectly proportioned to fit the coffee cup! On the other than, Harry, if you want to sit dreaming about Madonna, well dream on!! Mwah! BC XX

Harry

Harry Report 22 Nov 2008 11:38

Thank you Liz. Good thinking. What a time to be up and about.
BC - you are getting bitter as you are approaching middle age.

Thanks to all. Happy days

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 22 Nov 2008 11:47

Perhaps Harry you could " accidentally " drop the offending mug ( might result in you getting shouted at ) but then you could go out and buy one that has the correct dimensions.......maybe one with a picture of Madonna on it ( best of both worlds ).........lol

Harry

Harry Report 22 Nov 2008 12:29

Wow. Thought all the deep thinkers had left the site.

Happy days

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 22 Nov 2008 12:37

What do you do Harry when you drop the biscuit in the cup, and it sinks to the bottom. Or dont you do this?

My OH is always doing this, and trying to fish it out.

Mo

Harry

Harry Report 22 Nov 2008 12:45

Mo,
I liken myself to the Queen and Prince Phillip - One only "fishes" it out if your partner is not looking. ( "I should be so mucky", to continue the Madonna theme).

Happy days

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Nov 2008 12:46

You have to buy your biscuits according to your requirements.Petit beurres are useless for dunking.Jammy Dodgers are quite good because the jam keeps them together.

I had to edit that.I had put Jammy Didgers and it looks rude doesn't it?

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 22 Nov 2008 13:02

Beware the biscuit with the invisible fracture......the chain reaction when it plops into your nearly full mug of tea / coffee can be devastating........many a scaled lap or soggy carpet has been the result of the dread biscuit fracture..............lol

I always do the gentle strength test on each biscuit before dunking.........lol