General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'VE BEEN TO A CHRISTMAS FAYRE TODAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 29 Nov 2008 23:52

I am hardly surprised they sell anything, check below what stalls were on offer (bear in mind it was in a small village institute):-

1) A stall full of old tat, ie, second-hand shoes, jig-saws, old fashioned jewellery, etc.

2) A slim 6ft 4" santa in a badly fitting suit who looked nothing like any santa I have ever seen.

3) Some very expensive soap which looked like it would bring you out in a very nasty rash.

4) A cake stall with items that looked very suspicious and well past their sell by date.

5) A stall that sold those cuddly toys that are filled with beans and you can put them in the micro wave to warm up (for when you are feeling cold), I had one before, but when you put them in the micro wave they come out smelling of whatever you last cooked in there. (regardless of the promise of a lavender smell),

6) I also bought some raffle tickets, and then came away without leaving my name or address (so how do I know if I've won?).

7) Some very odd looking raffle prizes.

Saying all that, it was really quite sweet and felt very christmassy. I have decided that I am a miserable old cow.

Alko

Alko Report 29 Nov 2008 23:58

Done your Christmas shopping then? lol xxxx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 30 Nov 2008 00:02

PSML Carol.

Glad you went just so you could see how miserable you were !! LOL

PS. Hope they didn't charge you to get in !!

Carol

Carol Report 30 Nov 2008 00:18

Yes they did, a pound.

Alko

Alko Report 30 Nov 2008 00:20

think it was well worth the pound, all them out of date cakes, cant get them in tesco

pmsl carol xxx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 30 Nov 2008 00:21

Well perhaps it will go towards Santa's new outfit Next year...!!

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 30 Nov 2008 00:31

Carol, I do think you ought to report that Christmas Fayre to the Trading Standard .

Harrords wouldn't get away with all .....LOL !!