General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

have you found any family resemblences

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janetx

Janetx Report 1 Dec 2008 02:51

or maybe you have certain mannerisms that you may have inherited????? Or perhaps similar to a family member??

Rachel

Rachel Report 1 Dec 2008 03:01

i am very much like all my mums side of the family...looks mannerisms ect... yet i have my dads attitued an stuboness.......

i have 2 girls one is my double i mean literally she talks walks an is me through an through

yet our eldest is her dad not just looks but her temper an whole out look on life.

this is really strange because me an my mum were haveing this convosation earlier on the phone..xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Dec 2008 04:09

Everyone says I am the image of my Mum, and I am too, but I know I have some characteristics from my Dad, and am not so mere hearted as Mum.

Lizx

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 1 Dec 2008 08:14

We've all inherited my dad's family's features ... am like him too, bless him. xxx

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 1 Dec 2008 08:16

think i must belong to the milkman....lol

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 1 Dec 2008 09:22

pmsl Stella, am sure you don't! :)) xxx

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 10:27

I just discovered last year that I look very much like my Birth Mother.That was the strangest feeling to see the photo and see a very familiar person!!!.I also have a likeness to a couple of B Brothers.I had never looked like anyone before in 53 years.

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 1 Dec 2008 10:30

Oh bless, I understand how you feel Helen...

Although I resemble my father, have his character, met my long-lost half-sister who didn't know I existed and we were even wearing almost identical clothes! Very alike too. Always wondered what my BM looked like, saw her handwriting, tis mine. :))

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 10:39

When I met my 2 BBrothers,one took one look at me and said it was like looking at a ghost of his mother!!.They hadn't known of my existence either.So I think I must have been a shock.

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 1 Dec 2008 10:40

Gosh!

Am going to pm you ...

xxx

jgee

jgee Report 1 Dec 2008 12:39

found a photo of my dad back in 1910..to 1915.. my son his so much like him .. couldnt take my eyes of it,

Gaille

Gaille Report 1 Dec 2008 14:27

LOL my 3 year old neice just brought home her 1st school picture, I took one look at it & dived into my family photos box.......
Brought out a picture of my Mum (whos 69 this year) and they could be the same person they are so identical.

My Dads uncle told me when I was in my 20s that I looked just like his mum, (hehe i wasnt amused at the time) this year I looked at the picture again myself, and I can see the resemblance now myself.

Gail

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 17:21

It's very strange,but when my sister and I are together and we introduce the other to someone,they will always say oh yes I can tell you are sisters!!!!!!!!!We aren't.We are both adopted (from different places)It always makes us laugh,and I think it is lovely.I feel it is more our mannerisms and sense of humour.They say you can grow to be like someone don't they.

Julia

Julia Report 1 Dec 2008 17:54

It's very strange all of this isn't it. I was recently loaned some old family photo's, one of which I now think is of a gt.gt.aunt. Her resemblance to my gran was uncanny. But, when a threw into the pile a photo of of my 38yr old daughter, one of my dark beauties, it was so weird. I showed it to the same daughter, and her words were "Mum, that's me, isnt it".
I feel proud that she does resemble this lady, because she must have been very a brave person. Having been promised, for what it was worth, a safe passage from Singapore by the Japanese, her ship was sunk by the Japanese Navy. She was about 80yrs. Makes me very emotional, sorry, just a few tears. God Bless her.
Julia in Derbyshire

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 18:01

Julia ,I bet there are lots of tears when people look at old photos ,see resemblances and then find sad stories of what happened to some.I wish I had more to go on with B family but it appears that none of my new found B Brothers or cousin have any photos.They just have a few ,so at least I can see who I have come from.
Every time I look at the photo of BM if feels quite strange.I didn't get to meet her as she died in 1994.

Julia

Julia Report 1 Dec 2008 18:11

Awe - God Bless Helen, I know what you mean. Just had fourth cousin out in Singapore and Penang, on the ground,so to speak, trying to find information, whilst I am on the boards with very little luck.
Julia in Derbyshire

Jane

Jane Report 1 Dec 2008 18:20

In a way Julia I am not sad that I didn't meet BM.I think I would have wanted to ask why did she have 8 children and not keep any?I know she never gave any explanations to any of the others,so I would have got nowhere.lol.That's life as they say.I am just pleased I was adopted.

Julia

Julia Report 1 Dec 2008 18:41

Awe Helen, my heart goes out to you. I realy do not know what to say,except please keep the faith IF you want to PM .me,please do so

God Bless
Julia in Derbyshire