General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRIENDLY THREAD

Page 7 + 1 of 1671

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 22 Oct 2013 06:06

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MO.
Hope you have a great day.
Love and Hugs to you.xxxx

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 22 Oct 2013 06:06

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MO.
Hope you have a great day.
Love and Hugs to you.xxxx

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 21 Oct 2013 22:51

yer but it gets a bit much when you put half a cup of tea down on the side and turn a round and he has chuck it down the sink

i dont it to his dinner once
he got up to do a drink and i followed him with his dinner and put it in the bin
he turnt round and ask what i was doing i just said you got up and left it
so i though you was finish

that soon stop my cups of tea going missing
:-D

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 19 Oct 2013 19:56

Been there Mo free Park** pens....they are all covered with the name of the company thought I would have a lovely posh Park** Bah! though they did write OK.
Well had 2 families up for lunch that means 4 kiddies and surprise they were as good as gold,, well almost lol! mums and dads behaved too and ate up all their lunch only I forgot I had made a very large fruit flan and it's still in fridge however should be 3 families up tomorrow 5 kids this time so that saves me making a pud for tomorrow!

Shelly ... A hoarder or a thrower Mmm! I suppose both as bad I hate throwing things out....just in case!......But I have a daur who loves to throw I keep my eye on her when she comes with her endless "You don't need this or that .... "Ohhh Yes I Do" is my answer even if I don't ;-)

Well it's pouring buckets outside so now how do I get the cat out for her late night call I wonder ...open the door and she sees rain/snow/cold and she's off upstairs
don't want to bring in her tray but may have to .... Oh life is full of problems is it not ;-)

Right now Be Good Take Care and Stay at Home tomorrow if it's still raining :-D

Marilyn Hope your feeling a bit better <3 <3 <3

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 18 Oct 2013 16:18

Noreen, my Roly sends off for the free insurance quotes for life cover, and guess what, they send him pens to fill the quotes in with, hence he HAD loads of them. lol
It made me laugh when he needed a black pen, and couldn't find one, amongst the load that he had.
When he chucked them out, I said that I hoped he hadn't thrown my laundry marker out, his response was, "do you think I am that daft"...ahem no response from me, would I dare say that.

Shelly, I think Noreen would agree with me, when I say I don't know whats worse, a hoarder or a chucker outer.
You are so good doing your research of your family tree. I gave up ages ago, and only pay for this site, to keep with my friends now, and yes, I know I can do that via Face Book, but you never know if one day you will turn on, and find someone who is doing the same research as you are, and can share the interest with them. But so far, I have not had any contact for well over a year now.

Tomorrow we have got Lilly for four hours, so by tea time we will be exhausted running round after her. :-D :-D :-D

Still sending ((((((((((((((HUGS FOR MARILYN AND JENI)))))))))))))))) <3 <3 <3
Bye for now, hugs Mo

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 18 Oct 2013 10:44

hello every one

mo you should have my old man he chuck out any think and every think

nolls we all ways need pens in this house so sling some my way

iv been bizzy with my tree as i got ancestry for a month as i was seeing a lot of records that match my lot

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 17 Oct 2013 20:13

Well now I know what Mia was up to thank goodness she didn't get in the fridge :-D
I'm so glad to hear it's a Man thing with pens ...........John also collects Free pens from the bookies usually (as well as the ones I buy) :-S

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 17 Oct 2013 19:31

Noreen, Mia was looking for the milk but obviously couldn't find it, threw a wobbler, and tipped the cornflakes over the floor in temper, they dont taste the same without milk do they and Mia knew that. lol :-D :-D :-D
I forgot to say, that after clearing his bedside cabinet, Roly decided to clear his drawer in the kitchen out, oh my god all the free pens he had acquired went into the bin, so just goes to show, that men do think alike.

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 17 Oct 2013 19:10

Well I must say the bread was/is lovely so big it will last for days! So, Shelly Mo and everyone else your all welcome to come for a cuppa and a slice with real butter!

Jeni Nice to see you back hope your feeling a bit better, take care.

Mo I had to laugh at Roly's cabinet I cleared out John's recently...now first of all we never have any pens around the house though I am buying large pkts all the time and No! Him indoors never knows where they are ...Well I counted 158 pens in his drawer....Enough said :-P
And can anyone tell me what my cat Mia was doing last night I came down this morning to find the cornflake box emptied and all over the floor...not funny especially when I had to walk over them with no shoes on.. ouch ouch!
It was a beautiful day today so we went off to Wetherby to do some shopping at Morrisons where I got a voucher . You spend £40 in a week for 4 weeks from now till Dec and then get back £40 for Christmas ....can't be bad :-)
So I'm off now Be Good Take Care and Enjoy Tomorrow
noreen
ps lappy may have to go back to P*World keyboard keeps jumping!!

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 17 Oct 2013 16:39

Shelly, Noreens bread was lovely, she sent me some down the cyber hatch, well I presume it was from Noreen,I ate it anyway. And you can't move in with her, coz I said you can't ,so there, I am still waiting for me photo's, so you can't go anywhere till you do that weeeeee thing for me. lol :-P :-P :-P

Jeni, how was your arm following your flu jab? Mine ached for a couple of days, it felt like someone had punched me in it. I seriously don't think the nurse liked me, as Roly had his done at the same time, and he didn't suffer any side affects.

We have spent most of the day, straightening the house after the new radiators were put in yesterday.
The workmen did tidy up after themselves, but we had to move so many things, for them to do their job properly, and obviously they had to be put back again.
At long last I got Roly, to tidy his bedside cabinets out, cor blimey, I thought I was a hoarder, he had things going back to the early 80's that he had saved, "just in case they were needed" typical man.
Bye for now folks, take care, Mo

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 16 Oct 2013 22:22

Nolls
home made bread im come to live with you

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Jeniwren

Jeniwren Report 16 Oct 2013 16:40

Hello friends, sorry for being away so long, hope you are all ok.

I do hope Marilyn is starting to feel a little better, it takes a little time for body to get used to chemo, but am sure she is having the best of care.
Marilyn, keep smiling love :-) :-) :-) and stay positive <3

Stephen, good to see you on here again :-D
thank you so much for your post, loved it :-) :-)

Thank you for all your kind messages and hugs, much appreciated :-) :-) <3

Very wet and chilly here today, got soaked exercising the horses, had my flu jab
yesterday so hope it works, flu is the last thing I want at the moment. :-( :-(

Think it is time for a cuppa, anyone want one?
\_/? \_/? \_/?

Take care and stay safe :-) :-) :-) <3

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 16 Oct 2013 13:56

Keeping you in our thoughts Marilyn <3 <3 <3

Well it's a wet deamp day here and cold, think autumn is really on it's way now read the other day we are in for a very bad winter with Scotland getting the worst of it and it may well be sooner than we think so out with the thermals ladies and gents especially with the heating bills going up and up and up :-|
Not much to tell bought one of those scarf things that go round and round and over your head (know what I mean?? cos I don't haha) no not for me for one g/daur in Aus she lives in the Snowy Mts so needs it for skiing may buy an other for other g/daur who lives there too .... so hard to know what to buy when you don't see them often and it's easy to pack...but what do I get for the boys aged 15 / 8 / 5 who live there as well? ...any help appreciated :-S
Hope alls well with you all
Be Good Take Care and Enjoy today if it's not raining ...oh go on enjoy today anyway x
Noreen
ps just got bread proving in the heat in kitchen, think I may have overdone the yeast ....It's enormous, huge won't get it in the oven :-D

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 16 Oct 2013 13:07

thank you pete for popping in hopeing marilyn will we out of hospital
very soon
(((((((HUGS FOR MARILYN AND JEAN )))))))

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 15 Oct 2013 15:45

Thank you for the update Peter, please give Marilyn our love and best wishes, and tell her we miss her.

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 15 Oct 2013 14:28

Dear All Marilyni is still in hospital having treatment. Thank you for all your cards Peter for Marilyn

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 13 Oct 2013 20:06

Noreen, it sounds like your luck with the lottery was as good as our, zilch, nowt, a big fat zero. I had to check the raffle on line for Roly, as they didn't publish them in todays paper as they did last week, and yes, you got it right, another big fat nothing.
Thank goodness you have got your lappy back in working order now love, even if it does throw a hissy fit now and again.
Right Corrie has just started, so bye for now everyone.

((((((((((((HUGS FOR MARILYN AND JEAN <3 <3 <3)))))))))))))))))

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 12 Oct 2013 20:13

Hello!!
Well got the old lappy back it needed a hard-drive but it took about 3/4 days to get going thank goodness for sons lol! but still very slow it has also started jumping about eg in middle of sentence half jumps to middle of another line so if I write jibberish it's not my usual rubbish I.m writing it's this blooming keyboard!

Shelly isn't it awful all that money for a big hole....try some string attached to the door handle and close the door quickly next time ....cheaper.....Hope your OK now.

Oh Huia you really have put me off the dentist poor you hope you have recovered by now

Pauline I can sympathise with you on your back I have problems after a car accident last year and waiting for hosp appt. after going to physio for over a year I hope you can get some treatment for it soon Take care.

What a lovely poem Stephen it's really calming am sure the girls will appreciate it

Mo my garden is quite big but only have a couple of small flower bits which is more than enough for me but the middle is still so colourful with Cosmos (I think) they are at their best now and have been going since June , just wonderful, so not pulling up yet will certainly get them next year... ..neighbours keep mentioning them think they are jealous ! haha!

Yvonne and Elizabeth bet your both having a cuppa are you watching "Come Dancing" I am .... wow! wish I could dance like some of them

Well made some Millionaires shortbread yesterday just got it all set and son and partner came up and left with half the tray lol! . They are expecting a little girl in 2/3 wks their oldest boy is nearly 8 so big difference in age think they might have forgotten how hard a baby is ...Oh well they will soon remember me thinks.

Well off to have some millionaires shorty was going to eat it during the Lottery when my numbers came up but think will have enough excitement then.......I wish :-( :-( :-(

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 12 Oct 2013 19:32

Stephen, the girls will love the quotation, it was lovely to read, and says so much.

Thank you for the update Pauline.
I can't believe Marilyn's bad luck....that blessed infection, and having to have all that fluid drained again, the poor girl is really suffering, and I do feel for her. I just hope and pray that things get better for her very soon, she has gone through enough already.
Oi Pauline, stop being so cheeky,my garden is enough for me to cope with, let alone one that is the size of yours, are you trying to wear me out completely woman. lol
As you have said Pauline, Noreen must still be having problems with her lappy, as she normally posts each day.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Mo

Pauline $(*-*)$

Pauline $(*-*)$ Report 12 Oct 2013 11:16

That's lovely, Stephen, I hope Marilyn and Jean are both well enough to read it.

Marilyn didn't get out of hospital yesterday. She had another 2 litres of fluid taken from her abdomen and they decided to leave the drain in for now. Plus, she has another infection and needs another week on antibiotics. But Pete said she managed to walk a few steps without the walking frame and she's much more alert now. Oh, and he meant to say the next chemo is Tuesday, not Thursday.

Yvonne, can you send me some of that Bute please? If it works on your horse it might work on me. :-) :-)

Hello Col, have you got the boards sussed out yet?

Have you sorted that lappy out yet, Noreen? Doesn't look like you've posted for a few days. Our Shelly knows a lot about that kind of thing, she might be able to help.

Mo, we've still got a lot of work to do in our garden before winter........... so if you've finished yours!!!

Seems to be a lot of dental work going on with you lot. I would have done the same as you, Huia. It's cheaper than having them filled over and over again.......... and less painful.

Hello, Elizabeth, nice to see you on here again.

Shelly, if you didn't get confused or confuse other people we'd think you were an impostor. :-D :-D

Not sure if anyone else has been on the thread lately....... only read one page.

Take care everyone.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 for Marilyn and Jean <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3