General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 10 + 1 of 4016

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:57

Amanda wallpaper is too much trouble, though I believe that it's coming back into vogue - many people using some nice designs on accent walls.

The Duchess did all the papering here years ago - she was good at it, but I was hopeless :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Sep 2014 22:55

It just depends on the colours Tec bright red on the chimney breast and lime green on the other walls would not meet with approval

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:53

You don't waffle on about it Amanda - we're just sorry that you are subjected to that kind of harassment - you don't deserve it :-(

Enjoy your breakfast Sue - bye for now

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:52

Have a lovely time Sue :-D

Tec , I like a painted room and have very little wall paper about my house . I have no doubt your new look room will be very swish when it's finished :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:50

I want three walls in one colour, and the chimney brest in a contrast colour.

There is a very pretty caste iron fireplace in the bedroom that I may do in matt black

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Sep 2014 22:49

Tec wouldn't dare choose colours without our approval.....would you Tec :-|

I'm off now so goodnight my friends - sleep well <3 <3 <3

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:47

I think your OH is right Linda but unfortunatly it isn't our call and so it goes , full circle , back to the commitee :-| I excect it will get sorted , eventually , we just need to keep our heads as level as possible and watch out for each other in the mean time .
Thank you all for listening to me waffle on about it :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Sep 2014 22:44

I hope you are going to get approval from all of us for your choice of colour :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Sep 2014 22:43

Tec wouldn't tell us if he was climbing ladders - he knows he will get a telling off if he does :-|

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Sep 2014 22:42

I have just been telling OH about your allotment loonie Amanda. He says you definitely need to get the police involved especially if you have photographic evidence

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:42

I am stripping the walls from the wheelchair, standing on one leg like a stork to do the high bits.

As the ceilings are so high there is an emulsioned freeze about 18 inches down, so wallpaper not too high.

When the walls are stripped I have a man booked to emulsion all the walls - no more papering.

Eventually, I think I could use a step ladder using Archie, but not that confident yet

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:41

Great minds think alike Linda :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Sep 2014 22:37

Ah yes now the kitchen is done, you can get on with the bedroom. I hope you aren't standing on ladders to do the top part

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:36

No Sue , there was never any hard evidence regarding the chickens :-( just a great deal of circumstancial (sp) stuff . For all he is an idiot , he isn't stupid ( if that makes sense ) .

Tec , I wish you meant that :-)

Will you be hanging new paper in the bedroom or painting the walls ? I hope you are not expecting poor Archie to get you up any step ladders :-S :-|

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:32

Amanda you need someone with some authority on that committee - I'll be down tomorrow :-D

Linda I have been stripping wallpaper in my bedroom today

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Sep 2014 22:31

Is there proof that he killed your chooks Amanda as surely that is a definite crime. What a worry for the other allotment users :-(

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:25

He did strim down a womans pototo foliage ( he decided it had blight ) , I think she was one of the people that wrote a letter of complaint but we get all our pieces of infomation via " chinese whispers " .

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 24 Sep 2014 22:22

Hello Sue :-) I hope you enjoy your breakfast out . I was up early this morning , 4am to be precise , thanks to Grand-daughter Bella , the blighter just wouldn't go back to sleep .......grrrrrrr .

Good evening Tec , yes , I believe you are right and that the police will be involved eventually . The community police , special officers ( that walk around on the estate ) are aware and have a site key , so they can come in and make themselves visiable .
I hope no one thumps him either , as you all rightly say , it would play into his hands and no doubt delight him !

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 24 Sep 2014 22:20

Good Morning Sue :-)

Hope you have a nice breakfast out.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 24 Sep 2014 22:19

If his strimming has cut down other peoples crops, he should be reported to the police Amanda

Good evening Tec, I hope you have had a nice day, good morning Sue