General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 10 + 1 of 3820

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 22:11

There is nothing that you can do about that kind of thing Diane, except think your own thoughts about those responsible, but it is sickening.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 8 Apr 2014 22:10

I don't think I've ever frolicked. Maybe I'm not the frolicking type :-D. Where have you seen ladies frolicking Tec :-0

What a shame about your aunt's house Diane. Some people have no decency when it comes down to getting there hands on a deceased relatives belongings.

I have some interviews to do today Linda. My son is home so I can go out and not worry about OH.

Diane

Diane Report 8 Apr 2014 22:06

Tec it was heartbreaking to see especially as I kept it as she did when I took over things when she was no longer able to do it.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 22:02

Ladies do frolic Linda :-D I've seen them

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 22:01

Shame that your aunt's house was left in a mess Diane - no respect obviously :-0

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Apr 2014 22:00

Sue is too ladylike to frolic :-0

Diane

Diane Report 8 Apr 2014 21:59

Good morning Sue, do you have anything planned for today. :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 21:59

Good Morning Sue,
Make the most of the sunshine while it lasts - go and frolic in the garden :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Apr 2014 21:58

Good morning Sue, OH only has a basic phone as well, he has enough trouble with that :-D

Diane

Diane Report 8 Apr 2014 21:57

Well Tec you too seem to have had a busy day, Linda of cause was busy being ticked off with OH :-D

I am not at all happy with the state of my Aunt's house, the relative's who had access to it have systematically gone through the house and helped themselves to anything of value and left the place in a mess :-|

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 21:56

Yes - he quickly learned, but then they all do where food is to be found :-)

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 8 Apr 2014 21:56

Hello everyone :-D

My goodness Linda - you are ticked off with your OH :-0. My OH is called the gadget man by the family. He loves any new gadget especially if it's about computers but he has no idea how to use his phone :-D

Morning sunshine here but the forecast says not for long.

I heard on the news that the Pistorius trial is expected to continue until mid May. So lots more coverage to be seen and heard. I feel sad for the Geldof family.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Apr 2014 21:53

Milo has you sussed out Tec :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 21:51

Hello Diane,

You did have a busy day. Pity that you had to suffer for it though :-(

I had a quiet day really. The nurse was here early to do a warfarin blood test. Then the Care lady came for half an hour, made my bed, fed the birds then went.
My neighbour popped in for coffee, bringing Milo with her - he went straight to where I keep the biscuit tin :-D.
Then I did some cleaning, polished some metalwork on the fireplace, and then it was time to make dinner.
It was a lovely day here.

Diane

Diane Report 8 Apr 2014 21:48

Sound's like a good idea Linda thank you :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Apr 2014 21:45

The garden looks fantastic Tec

Sit down and put your feet up Diane, coffee and warm cheese scone on the way

Diane

Diane Report 8 Apr 2014 21:43

Hello you two :-)

Linda you are really ticked off with your OH today.

Tec how was your day ?

Mine was quite busy, my friend took me to solicitors to drop the key off for my aunt's house, then we went to Huyton town centre so I could put some money from one bank account into another, we then picked his wife up and on the way to my flat we picked up my aunt's ashes.
I was glad to get back home as I was in a lot of pain with my back and my hip :-(

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 21:42

Watching a programme about a Christopher Lloyd designed garden in Sussex.
They were growing magnificent flag irises in pots. I might try that, as they don't do well in my soil

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 8 Apr 2014 21:39

No I don't - only young men can get away with that :-D.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Apr 2014 21:38

Do you wear your baseball cap backwards with the peak at the back :-D :-D