General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 7 + 1 of 3834

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:55

I have made some coffee/tea and there is a mixture of choccy and plain biscuit's for everyone :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:54

The beaches are a huge part of Australian life and culture Sue aren't they, due I suppose to your climate.
Here is it very often too cold to really enjoy the beaches for long.

We also have the best of all worlds with the beaches, mountains, and the forests. There is a beautiful forest nearby, Coed y Brenin, which means the Kings Wood.
It goes for miles covering a large area of the county.
The Forestry Commission have organised trails and footpaths to follow, for people of all ages, and abilities.

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:52

I'd be quite happy just living in the country in a little village away from the hustle and bustle of the town :-D

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Apr 2014 22:47

I think someone is being a bit cheeky :-D

I grew up with beaches being a big part of summer especially my teen years. We enjoyed the beaches when the children were young too. I prefer the lake these days. There are footpaths all around the lake so it's easy to take a nice peaceful stroll early morning.

The mountains are only half an hour away as we live on a narrow coastal strip. We have the best of both worlds. There are many areas that have walking tracks.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:47

Well I'm shocked :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:44

When chocolate is involved she would :-0

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:44

:-D :-D Linda you know your own trick's best ;-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:43

That won't be very fair, as Sue will know where she put them - I'm sure Sue wouldn't do that - would she? :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:40

I am half witted :-D

Are the children having an Easter egg hunt Sue? She will be there nudging them out of the way to get all the eggs for herself you know

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:37

Linda will get me back for that Diane - she always does, because she is quicker witted than me :-D

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:34

:-D :-D Tec.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:29

Good Morning Sue,

I didn't snort at your girlish figure - it was Linda :-D

Sounds like you had a very worthwhile session in the garden. I expect OH was very pleased to see his veggie patch de-weeded :-)

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:28

Good morning Sue :-)
well what a busy time you had yesterday a small egg is well deserved.

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:25

I don't know Diane - I just don't know :-D

I agree - there is nothing more peaceful than to walk or sit quietly in the forest and just listen - magical :-)

When I was young I spent many happy hours in Epping forest, and if you were lucky, and very quiet, the wild deer would appear through the trees.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:25

With all that exercise Sue, you are allowed an egg

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 19 Apr 2014 22:23

Hello everyone :-D.

I only have one small egg but that will do. I don't want to lose my girlish figure. Did I hear a snort? :-0

Yesterday the weather was glorious - a true Autumn day. I started out doing some tidying in the garden and ended up weeding OH's veggie garden as I knew it was annoying him. I raked out the weeds and pulled out the cucumber vines, reseeded tomato plants and corn stalks while OH cut them up for the compost bin and the goat. We harvested the radishes and what was left of the beetroot. Then OH emptied the compost bin and I spread it over the garden. Very satisfying.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Apr 2014 22:22

I would sack the servants if they got sand in my sandwiches :-|

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:21

The wood's / forest Tec, what else could I have meant :-0

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 19 Apr 2014 22:18

The other what Diane? :-D
:-D

Diane

Diane Report 19 Apr 2014 22:17

I enjoy doing the beach with children :-D
If I'm on my own or with another adult I prefer the other.