General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 7 + 1 of 3830

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Apr 2014 15:11

Hello Persie and Carole, it is lovely to see you posting, I do miss you.

I saw the royals on the news in the Blue Mountains Verona, William went really close to the edged of that cliff.

It us a really sunny day here, but it was still cold this morning. It is better this afternoon so as OH is gardening, I have cleaned the inside of the car, now that is a job which I hate

Berona

Berona Report 18 Apr 2014 10:44

Hello all. Glad to see Persie and Carole having a conversation. Very nice weather where I am at the moment. This week I've needed a light cardigan on early but throw it off before lunch time, when the temps have been getting up to 23 - but don't last long. Night time temps are dropping fast, but that allows for a comfortable night's sleep.

Helicopters all over us yesterday as William and Kate were driven out to the Blue Mountains. Don't know why. They were shown the devastation from the bush fires of six months ago. Much nicer when the real beauty of the blue mountains can be seen in its natural form.

Persie - so nice to know that you have met Allan and his OH. I hope they are enjoying their stay in NZ.

Carolee

Carolee Report 18 Apr 2014 08:49

Yes, its awfully sad when they linger, even sadder to watch.

I was going to make fish and chips but I didn't have any potatoes. I make my chips in the oven, more like wedges they are yummy.

Carole x

Persephone

Persephone Report 18 Apr 2014 08:16

She has really been gone for a long time Carole, am glad it is all over for her son and daughter, having to keep visiting with her dragging on and on.

Barramundi and Rice sounds a better deal than our herbie crumbed fish (done In the oven) and salad. Himself had bought a couple of tinned potatoes with plain labels (think is middle name is Arkwright) on them, not something I would buy. He had opened one lot had some and I had sautéed the rest.. so thought I would open the other tin and sauté some to go with the fish and salad.. lol they were tinned mushrooms... he got some sautéed but I passed on that.. the rest of the tin can go in a risotto or beef hot pot incorporated with the real flat mushrooms that are lovely.

Pxx

Carolee

Carolee Report 18 Apr 2014 07:53

Sorry Persie,

My condolences for the loss of your mothers cousin. May she rest in peace <3

Carole xx

Carolee

Carolee Report 18 Apr 2014 07:46

Hello Persie,

I haven't spoken to you in ages, I hope you are keeping well <3

How lovely to meet Allan and his OH :-)

I'm starting to prepare dinner, we are having grilled fresh Barramundi with basmati rice.

Persephone

Persephone Report 18 Apr 2014 06:44

I will pass my condolences on to Sharron, thank you Huia for letting us know.

Well you have recovered well Tec from your fifth floor chuck out.. landed in yo... ur wheelchair I hope.

Hello Carole and hello all you others

OH and myself have spent a lovely afternoon with Allan and his wife.. they are staying the night in a really nice hotel tonight with a fantastic sea view. Almost jealous of them being there and me coming home to our squished surroundings which are getting squishier as now three areas are to be carpeted. Though the carpet man is away so it may get done when we get back from Wellington... will be going down there in a couple of weeks.

Have a funeral probably on Wednesday, my mother's cousin who is 94 has died. She was very frail and no longer recognised any of us. She did have the driest sense of humour though.. I have mentioned her to you before Tec.

Talk to you soon Sue. Special cuddles for your grandies Linda xx

Persie

Carolee

Carolee Report 18 Apr 2014 05:46

Hello everyone,

Its very sad to read about Fred, Sharon's father. I shall go and add my condolences shortly. While I never posted on the threads, I would often read them.

Happy Easter :-) I have 3 days off work :-D The weather is not too bad down here, a bit showery and cool, normal for this time of year.

Tec, hello :-) Can you use crutches to help you get around? they may be of use? Nice to read you have another free loading dog :-D Sending cwtches to you and the Duchess <3

I hope everyone is as well as can be :-)

Carole

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 18 Apr 2014 05:17

Hello Huia and Sylvia :-D

We have all added our condolences to Sharron's thread -it is very sad.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Apr 2014 04:22

Hi Sue, and everyone

so pleased to hear that Tec and Mr Sue have both been discharged!

Huia ........... I've often read Sharron's threads on the exploits of Fred, and had g good laugh at them ................ so sad to hear that he has died.

Tec ............... something went terribly wrong with that ferry in S Korea. The captain was one of the first off for heavens' sake!

it's raining really hard here

take care everyone

s
xx

Huia

Huia Report 18 Apr 2014 02:38

How many of you have read Sharron's threads on her dad Fred? I reckon he is the most popular non-member on GR. Unfortunately he died yesterday. If you want to add condolences the thread is titled The End.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 17 Apr 2014 23:12

Good night Tec <3

Sorry Mersey - I couldn't help it ;-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 23:07

Well I'd better go to bed,

Enjoy your day Sue,

Goodnight,
Tec :-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 23:02

Oh - you ATE it :-D

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 23:01

The best people are the mad ones :-D

Why do you hate part of your egg? :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 23:01

Thats very norty Sue tsk tsk :-0

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 17 Apr 2014 23:00

You're both mad :-D :-D

Mersey - I ate some of my Easter egg :-\

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 22:55

Nno I wasn't discharged from a cannon, just thrown out the window on the fifth floor :-D. Glad that your OH has also been discharged

I hope very much the sun shines for you all throughout Easter, that would be good.

Yes I had a wonderful day out with my daughter - we really enjoyed some quality time together - first time in a long time, given all that has happened, and it was hard for her too, so she enjoyed herself too

:-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 22:51

Special ~~~~s to Sue as always :-) <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 17 Apr 2014 22:48

Hello Tec - I'm pleased the surgeon has discharged you . OH has also been discharged. He asked if you were discharched from a cannon as he was :-D :-D

We had a gloriously sunny day yesterday and we look like having sunshine all of the Easter weekend.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter :-)