General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

For Aussies......and friends

Page 9 + 1 of 3830

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 21:17

I am sure your daughter wouldn't mind

Good news that you have been discharged

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:16

Mersey - I can make a bar of chocolate last three months, so I won't cheat on the egg - whereas Linda :-(

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:14

Yes I did thank you.
Wasn't too long in the hospital. The surgeon was happy with everything, and discharged me. Though I do have to see another consultant about another issue, at a later date.

Then we went to the garden centre. My poor daughter trailed around at the back of me pushing a large trolley type thing while I went round and round selecting what I wanted. Then changing my mind, putting things back, and choosing something else.
We were there for two hours.
Daughter's car was stuffed full of shrubs and plants :-D

It was a good day out, and we were both shattered last night :-D

Daughter went home at lunchtime today

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 21:10

Tec you are more than welcome, and I knows you like your chocolate too so please no cheating :-D :-D ;-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 21:07

Did you have a nice day yesterday?

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:05

Yes Linda - I wouldn't expect anything other from you :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 21:03

Of course I will Tec ;-)

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 17 Apr 2014 21:01

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Mersey for the Easter Egg - how kind :-D I hope you get lots :-)

Linda, you must just look at your egg until Easter Sunday :-D no cheating :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 20:51

Its all yours Linda....im leaving one each for you all....but please try and make it last :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 20:44

I am very well thank you

I want a chocolate egg now having seen your logo

Mersey

Mersey Report 17 Apr 2014 20:43

Good Evening Linda how are you :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 20:42

Good evening :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Apr 2014 10:19

Good morning

I hope you have better weather now Huia.

I looked in last night, but no one was around,so I had an very early night and read

Huia

Huia Report 17 Apr 2014 02:44

Sue, this road that I am on is unsealed and it is always bad, particularly when the grader driver has been and scraped the metal off one side and put it into the ditch on the other side. He did about 3 quarters of a km or so on Tuesday and he hasn't been back to finish the job so I presume his grader needs urgent maintenance. The corrugations are always bad on the road. But at least the road is sealed when once I get down to the neighbour's, half a km away, and then all the way to town. The only problem is trees or branches falling on the road. But up from us we also have problems with slips.

I should add that when I saw he was working up our road on Tues. I went down the drive and dug out the culvert, hoping he would take the hint and not fill it up again as he did once before. I shouldn't have to be doing such things at my age. He doesn't seem to know anything about culverts and watertables. My dad was county engineer all my life, so I do understand about them.

The sun is trying to shine, so I might go to town soon.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Apr 2014 23:19

Are the roads bad when there is a lot of rain Huia?

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 23:04

I had intended to go to town to do a little shopping today but I think it can wait until another day. Yes, I know tomorrow is Good Friday so the shops will be shut (I expect) but I have plenty of milk powder (was going to get milk) and fruit (also wanted more bananas) but they are not urgent. I will survive without them as I have plenty of other fruit, including dried apricots and prunes.

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 23:01

Some parts of Auckland were without power this morning. The paper said it is the tail end of Ita.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Apr 2014 22:50

We are finally having some sunshine but the threat of rain is always there. I have some beautiful Autumn dahlias and the rain has knocked them about. However I shouldn't complain. Ita has caused so much damage. I guess you're getting your bad weather from the cyclone, Huia.

Diane

Diane Report 16 Apr 2014 22:43

Hello Huia :-)

the weather sound's awful :-(
I hope there isn't any damage done by Cyclone Ita.

Huia

Huia Report 16 Apr 2014 22:37

Cooee back, from a wet and windy Auckland area. Why couldn't Queensland have kept cyclone Ita? The rain is blowing almost horizontally past my windows. I did go down the drive in a brief pause to clear the ditch at the side of the drive. I was wearing my wet weather gear but the parka hood never stays on my head so my hair and neck are now damp. At least the ditches are now (temporarily, I am sure) clear to let the water run freely in the right place.