General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 10 + 1 of 1470

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 9 Apr 2014 14:10

Hi DET I am seeing the consultant about my knee this Saturday. I will then know more of what he intends to do and hopefully roughly when. Lovely day her and after spending the morning shut in the Archive I am off outside to enjoy it while it lasts. Catch you later <3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Apr 2014 09:07

Morning all - well done those who are trying to loose weight!!!
We went out for coffee and Almond Croissant which isn't going to do me an favours :-(

Have you been given an estimated time for when they can sort out your knee LG?

Children are so funny aren't they? Were you terribly cross when Gd son tucked into the rest of the yummy gummy cake???

Enjoy your meal with your friend YG - it will be good to catch up with her news.

Feeling a bit 'dead' this morning - normally I can tell myself to get up 8 hours after going to bed.....except today I miss read the clock and got up at 8 instead of 9.30
:-( :-( :-( :-(
(we both got mesmerised by 'Mars Attacks' last night)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 22:38

Good Night LaGooner- Sleep Well :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 22:37

We are off now too. Catch you both tomorrow I hope <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 22:24

Good Night YG- Sleep well and enjoy your meal tomorrow :-) <3

YG

YG Report 8 Apr 2014 22:21

Good girl, LG!! Keep it up :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm off now, hoping that I can sleep until the alarm goes off :-D :-D :-D

Sleep well both of you :-) :-) <3

I'm going out for a meal after work with my friend, but will be back mid evening :-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 22:18

Well done LG :-)

Is that 61/2 lbs now? Nearly half stone :-)

Also less weight on the knee must help a bit already?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 22:15

I am trying to loose weight before our holiday in August. Another 2 pounds off this week so I am definitely heading in the right direction. I also would like to lose some ready for my knee op.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 22:08

My niece (my big brother's daughter) is getting married in about 5 weeks time. They had set the date for August, but they have decided to bring it forward ;-)

So now the pressure is really on for me to lose the weight I gained. Not to mention finding something to wear!

YG

YG Report 8 Apr 2014 21:56

Mmmm, I have just devoured an Eccles cake. That was yummy gummy too :-D :-D :-D :-D Thanks for the tea, Jem. It's not often I have a teapot full :-) :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 21:52

Aww bless him :-D :-D :-D :-D.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 21:43

Yes I like my Yorkshire Tea too! Ok- pot's made (each) and black coffee for LG! But you will have to go and eat the cake in a corner YG- as me and LG are dieting!

You can have a slice of YUMMY GUMMY Cake YG! :-D :-D

Yummy Gummy Cake (or raspberry jam and cream sponge cake- shop bought type) is so called because when Grandson 1 was a very little boy- about 2 1/2, I gave him a piece of this cake to eat on his little table and chair.

A short while later, OH and I heard "yummy gummy, yummy gummy"!!! When we looked over, Grandson had taken the rest of the cake from the kitchen and was happily eating away! :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 21:33

Black coffee for me please but no cake thanks.

YG

YG Report 8 Apr 2014 21:30

I''ll have a pot full of tea please, Jem, but I like good old Yorkshire tea :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

A bit of cake would go down a treat, too!! :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 21:19

Tea :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P. Where's me coffee ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 21:10

Yes YG- He was one of The Tetley Tea Folk :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Tetley, Tettle-ettle- lee, Flavour lovely as can be, Tetley make teabags, Tetley make teabags make tea :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Apr 2014 21:03

I'll have thee know my granda came from yorkshire :-P :-D :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 8 Apr 2014 21:01

LG :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 Are you kidding yourself that you can talk in the 'Yorkshire' dialect :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Jem, I thought you would have had 'baby dolls' on :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

omg, where did I drag that expression up from :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 21:00

AND INNOCENT!! ;-) :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 20:58

Bye Emms :-) <3