General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 4 + 1 of 1920

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 19:08

There is no silencing him now YG. :-D :-D :-D, he hardly ever cries but he is always laughing and chunttering on.

How sad DET, Grandad and A are both missing out on so much :-(. I miss my mini Gooners so much even though I talk to them on the phone most days

YG

YG Report 2 Feb 2016 19:02

Oh bless him, LG :-) :-) It won't be long before he is having a proper conversation and there will be no silencing him :-D :-D :-D

It seems a shame that J's dad doesn't come down to visit them, particularly after the birth and even now. We all have to keep living and I am sure J would love to see him :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2016 18:56

Congratulations YG - that's a weight off your mind :-D <3

How funny LG - I bet he was looking at the phone :-D

BM & J moved close to us so she could have family support, hence the call. Her dad splits his time between Northumberland and some place in the middle of France. They do 'facetime' most days, but he can't rush round within the hour.
Its a weird relationship. I know A was born a few weeks after his wife died, but he didn't make any effort to make the trip down-south to visit his daughter and brand new and first grandchild. :-S
Maz - they do say that the wives are part of a Forces Family; it certainly seemed to be the case when you had youngsters.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 18:27

Oh well done you <3 <3 <3 <3. If I was nearer I would gladly help YG :-D :-D :-D.

I have had an interesting conversation on the phone it went a bit like this

me.. Hello T
t. pah pah pah
me. that's very interesting little man :-D :-D
bub bub bub

then his sister took over and I heard all about her day. Other one was at football :-D :-D

YG

YG Report 2 Feb 2016 18:12

Evening everyone :-) :-)

LG, would you like to don another hat and come and work with me :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
I could do with some help :-D :-D :-D

Oooh, poor J. :-( :-( There is nothing worse that not being able to quieten a screaming baby :-0 :-0 Pleased you were able to help out, DET :-) :-) It would lovely for J to be able to have a nice quiet soak in the bath :-)

Maz, I'm glad Cleo is back to her normal self. They are such a worry when things don't appear to be ok and they can't tell you. Perhaps just an 'off' day for her.

Whoop, whoop, whoop :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Maths exam passed :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Another to strike off the list ;-) ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 17:22

No DET it will be the old faithful HS one :-D :-D :-D :-D. Still don't want anything to eat yet :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2016 17:11

Well, you won't need to cook tonight! Will you be wearing a different 'hat' to your HS one? If you included the little used Fascinator, that 3 now ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 15:08

afternoon all. Very professional that's me :-D :-D :-D :-D. Seriously though it was an important meeting which affects the town . Back home now absolutely stuffed with Cajun chicken :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D.

Naughty puss you got there Maz ;-)

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 2 Feb 2016 12:18

Afternoon
glad you were around to support J ,DET when we were at that stage we lived in Germany The wives to work together with the kids and help each other out especially when the men were on exercise.
I am a wicked Moggie mum however i was at one point thinking she was poorly ,hence the posh food which was certainly cheaper than a check up at the vets.I think she had a bug though which started it off .as she is back to normal now

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Feb 2016 09:32

Morning all.

A working lunch, eh? How professional that sounds!
YG what a shame your tutor didn't arrive. Let's hope it was only a memory slip rather than a problem en route.

Unless a sentient being is ill, they're not going to let themselves starve. Puss Is being a little so and so, isn't she?

I spent yesterday afternoon baby-sitting! J phoned when she was at the end of her tether. A was being particularly clingy and she (J) desperately wanted a bath! A screamed for a solid 30 mins and only calmed down a few mins before J reappeared. J rarely swears, or at least not in front of us. She'd used one stronger that sh* it to describe how she'd been behaving. After a feed, I took her for a walk and popped into a colleague's who lives in their village. A had a good sleep in the pushchair and was much happier when we got back. So was J ;-)
I now have sore thighs as I'm not used to getting up from the floor without holding onto something :-0

I'm hoping if it happens again OH will be well enough to come. He seems to be better at entertainment than me. I'll come into my own with the cutting, sticking and cooking.

It was good thing we had nothing planned.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Feb 2016 09:04

Morning one and all. Just a quick peek in as I have a meeting this morning and then a working lunch afterwards. Behave while I'm gone, catch you later <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Feb 2016 21:47

Evening all, Spoilt moggy Maz. Mine complained about some food I put down the other day. Cruel owner that I am I left it down and they soon ate it when they were hungry .
Oh dear YG what a nuisance it could have been done and dusted .
I can measure the calories etc in food with my WW calculator so no problems there DET.

YG

YG Report 1 Feb 2016 19:13

Ooooh, poor Froggy is in the dog house :-D :-D :-D (or should it be the cat house) :-D :-D

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 1 Feb 2016 18:12

she has indeed however she aint getting it for breakfast .the treat tins are not too expensive i have found as the large pet stores have offers on at times froffy is to blame though .

YG

YG Report 1 Feb 2016 17:59

Evening Maz :-) Cleo has got you sussed out :-D :-D :-D :-D Fresh salmon for her dinner tonight :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Windy here too, but survivable :-D :-D

The meeting with my tutor didn't happen. She didn't arrive and I don't know why yet! If the ICT test was set for today it would have been done now :-( :-( :-( :-(

Mazfromnorf

Mazfromnorf Report 1 Feb 2016 17:42

evening all apart from the weather it was quiet last night .it is very wild here ,the wind is howling here cleo is much better thank fully too but is now enjoying the posh food lol.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2016 12:24

You'd probably need to check the calorific content as it tastes quite sweet.
Never considered Broccoli and onion. Himself likes Broccoli and Stilton out of a tin. Unless you can get the ingredients cheaply, the tinned version is likely to be cheaper. He'd say that its a waste of a good bit of Stilton!
After the success with the cauliflower, I've been looking out for cheap ones in the farm shop. The glut seems to be over :-0

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Feb 2016 11:47

It is a lot better thanks DET. The tablets seem to be working but we shall see how it goes.
I have not tried parsnip soup that will be one for me to try sometime. I am just finishing of a batch of vegetable soup and then I think next batch will be Broccoli and onion.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2016 11:40

That's good LG. I had visions of you trying to struggle up the Belfry steps this morning. If you don't need to go out again until this evening, you can have a nana-nap later!
How's the tooth? Are the antibiotics working yet?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Feb 2016 11:25

Morning DET. Just feeling a little jaded but ok. I am attempting to catch up on a few chores about the house. I have already been out for a bit of shopping so I can now stay in until History Society talk this evening.