General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CHRONICLES OF NUTLODGE

Page 4 + 1 of 1467

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 09:52

Morning DET.

The engineer has been and done what he needed to, so the time is my own now to do some more unmentionables. I will be able to rest later this afternoon and evening. :-) :-)

I do normally like to stay in bed a little longer at weekends. I still tend to wake at the same time but am happy to make a cuppa and go back to bed with my kindle, but \i daren't this morning :-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Apr 2014 09:42

Morning all

It must be difficult to stay in bed at the weekend if you're normally up with the lark for 5 days a week; mind you OH never had problems in that area. My parents used to call him the Horizontal Champion ;-)

Fingers crossed that the Gas Engineer comes shortly YG. If not, you'll have to leave a note on your door for him or phone the hospital to say you're running late.

LG - hope your OH gets to see the eye-clinic promptly, and that they are able to sort out his problems. One of the hospitals in our Trust has a self-referral clinic if you are prepared to sit and wait. The only time I had to go was when I had that light-sensitive infection. There was a middle aged man sitting there who had just come back from holiday where he had hit his head - he was losing his peripheral vision :-(

We know what you mean about uncertainty - will/did OH go in with you? Sometimes it's better to have a 2nd pair of ears as you both focus on different things that are being said.

~~~~ to EOS, Maz, Jen, CT and Mersey

Have/try to have a good day :-D

YG

YG Report 12 Apr 2014 09:06

Morning Nut Lodgers and everyone who drops in!! :-) :-) :-) <3 <3

WAKEY, WAKEY, TUMBLE OUT OF THOSE BEDS BEFORE I GET THE SAUCEPANS OUT :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I have stripped the bedding, done one load of washing, with second one in, showered, blow dried hair, dusted and vac'd the lounge. Just sitting having brekkie whilst waiting for the gas engineer :-) :-)

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 11 Apr 2014 23:58

Dear Jemima

Hello to you too!

Hope you are okay.

I can only do short messages as the connection keeps cutting off.

Oh darn.

Take gentle care, Jem
Lots of good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 11 Apr 2014 23:58

Dear Jemima

Hello to you too!

Hope you are okay.

I can only do short messages as the connection keeps cutting off.

Oh darn.

Take gentle care, Jem
Lots of good wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 23:55

Hello to the lovely Elizabeth :-)

Hope you are well- Love Jem <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 11 Apr 2014 23:54

Dear All

Hello

Hope the visit goes well, LaGooner and YG gets safety checks done.

Hello to DET, Jemima, Maz and all who visit.

Try and have a peaceful weekend and travel safely.

Take gentle care
Very best wishes
Elizabeth,
xx

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 22:33

Good Night YG- Sleep Well :-) <3

I hope your hospital visit goes well tomorrow too! :-) :-)

YG

YG Report 11 Apr 2014 22:08

Nite, LG. Sleep well :-) :-) <3 Best of luck for tomorrow <3 <3

I am off in a minute as well. No stayng in bed for me in the morning as the gas engineer is coming to do the annual checks. Anytime between 8 am and 12noon. What's the betting I am up with the lark and still waiting at 11.30 :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 22:00

Good Night LG- Sleep Well :-) <3

I hope your appointment will go well tomorrow and that you will have a plan in place for treatment. :-) :-)

HI YG :-) <3 and Mersey :-) <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Apr 2014 21:57

Well I am off for my shower and to get an early night as I have an early appointment time tomorrow. Best of luck YG and hope all goes well for you. Nite nite all and catch you tomorrow I hope <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Apr 2014 21:52

It is not the big Moorfields although that is not too many miles away,it is one of their clinics within our local hospital. They are really good and see OH as soon as he gets any problems.

YG

YG Report 11 Apr 2014 21:51

You've got a good hospital there, LG :-) :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Apr 2014 21:47

Hi Jem, those two do nothing for me.

Oh dear YG lets hope he is not on duty then. OH is having a bit of bother with one of his eyes at the moment so it looks like we may well be back at Moorfields next week sometime :-|.

YG

YG Report 11 Apr 2014 21:38

Hi Jem :-) :-)

My eye candy is lovely, but I suffer a lot more during and after the treatment when he is on duty :-( :-( :-(

LG, you will be glad he is only looking at your knee, then! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 21:29

You never know girls- it could be Dr Doug Ross (George Clooney) and Dr Drake Ramoray (aka Joey Tribbiani / Matt Le Blanc) :-D :-D

WOULD THAT BE EYE CANDY ENOUGH FOR THE TWO OF YOU? ;-) ;-) :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Apr 2014 21:14

Apparently my consultant is small with a moustache and little round glasses. He is the same one who saw my son for his foot op. :-( :-D :-D :-D :-D. I do hope you will not be too uncomfortable tomorrow YG <3

YG

YG Report 11 Apr 2014 21:06

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( LG.

It depends who is on duty tomorrow as to whether I have a bad time afterwards or a reasonably good time :-D :-D :-D :-D If it's eye candy, it will be rough :-( :-( :-( :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Apr 2014 20:50

Yes my lord and master is home and suitable fed ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D. Thanks for your good wishes DET. It is awful not knowing exactly will be done I hate the unknown

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2014 20:48

Bet you're ready for a rest Maz. Apart from running your Chinese Laundry, do you have any plans for your 4 days off?

Is he home yet LG???

YG - take a pair of 'flats' to work, and treat yourself to an evening meal once a week ;-)

Good luck at the hospital(s) the pair of you