General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Its back.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJean

JustJean Report 5 Jan 2010 06:52

Larkrise to Candleford, 8.o,clock Sunday, lovely jubbley....
nice gentle series, some thing to look forward to, change from the rubbish that is on at the moment..... enjoy......

Jean x

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 5 Jan 2010 08:08

Just put it on series record its one of my fav programmes, had the book from santa but have put it away for holiday reading in April

Take care everyone and keep warm and safe

Pam

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 5 Jan 2010 08:18

I noticed that this morning whilst looking through the sky+ menu on the tv.

I will record it to watch it in peace, as on the other side it collides with the new series of Wild at Heart which I also watch.

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 5 Jan 2010 08:30

yes I love this programme. So laid back and gentle no swearing or violence. A very pleasant change from all the soaps

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jan 2010 16:06

I love Lark Rise as it is set in the area my father's family grew up in and my Gt Grandfather and Gt Uncle were stonemasons. In fact the real Albert Timms, Laura's (Flora) father was born close to where my gt grandfather lived and just 7 yrs later and when I was looking at the site about the family yesterday to explain it to a cousin, I found that Albert's father was also a StoneMason and lived on the road leading to my relatives village so it's probably that he taught my Gt Grandfather and would have known the family. Brings my previously unknown family history to life.

I also love Wild at Heart so will record Lark Rise onto a disc and then can keep the whole series. Maybe they will repeat the previous series and then I can do that too and get the set!
There is apparently a book by Christine Bloxham about Flora Thompson's life which explains all about village life at that time, (Flora Thompson being Flora Timms before marriage) I am going to order it from Amazon as it will show more what my family's life was like before my Dad was born. We had a relative by marriage with the surname Bloxham in that village and I am in touch with the sons of my late cousin who was a Bloxham before marriage.

Lizx

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 5 Jan 2010 18:03

having that sort of closeness makes it all so much more real

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jan 2010 19:12

LL it really does make it ' closer to home' and now I have told my cousin of the links she will be more interested too especially as she grew up in the triangle of the area Flora did.

Lizx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 16:32

n

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 6 Jan 2010 16:44

Thank you Jean, I have been looking forward to it's return.

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Jan 2010 16:48

So looking forward to it.
I'll be there, in my chair with the remote in my hand so that there will be no mistakes!
Deanna X