General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have been to Drs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 5 Jan 2010 11:39

Have finally got to Drs over my funny turn.

He is sure it was a migraine with amnesia but the only thing he is worried about is my balance has got worse but that is probably the fibro but if i get another amnesia migraine i have to go back and might have to go back to neurologist

Becaue i am on so much med at moment he doesnt want to give me anything else for headaches which i am pleased about hate having to take so many.

d x

CatieI

CatieI Report 5 Jan 2010 12:06

Hi Dawnie. Glad you managed to see a doc and he was able to tell you what was wrong. Must have been a real worry for both you and your family. I've never heard of amnesia with migraine before - what a horrid thing to suffer.
I suffer with migraines and that's bad enough. Anyway, I wish you well and hope your problems with your balance improve.

Catie x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 5 Jan 2010 12:28

Catie

have suffered with migraines since a child but never had a amnesia one bit strange not knowing the name of your husband of 22 years or saying your childrens names and them not sounding familiar

CatieI

CatieI Report 5 Jan 2010 14:36

It must have been very frightening Dawnie. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. I've suffered migraines for a few years now and found that being over tired triggers an attack. Do you know what triggers yours?

Catie x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 5 Jan 2010 20:21

Catie
Ga and onions are the main one but get a lot more now have Fibromyalgia and chronic fatugue I have always gone to sleep to ease them.
Ours are a genetic thing mum and sister have them and an uncle and now my eldet gets them she loses feelingin her arms and face

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 5 Jan 2010 20:49

Dawnie, glad to hear that it wasn't a stroke which is what I think we were all worried about.
My son used to get "abdominal migraines" which no-one else had ever heard of either.
At least doc keeping an eye on you so take it easy & try to avoid the triggers

Joy

Joy Report 5 Jan 2010 21:37

I am glad that you have been seen by a doctor. Please take things easy.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 5 Jan 2010 22:04

Julia not had migraine like it before a headache wasnt bad like normal.

Joy hubby wont let me do much as he has viions of me ending up in hosp[ital again and he doesnt want that means he has to do everthing for children lol.