General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally, We've got a decent amount of snow.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 5 Jan 2010 22:42

During the last hour and half we have finally got a heavy amount of snow on the floor now. We have only had a couple of light dustings during the last few weeks and it's usually been gone within a few hours. And I saw the beginning of the news and the terrible conditions around the country and I adjusted my status on FB to "Can't believe the weather conditions in parts of the country and we have nothing here in Telford." as we had nothing then I went into the living to talk to my daughters and glanced out the window and there had been about an inch fall in an hour and half. I couldn't believe it.

Hoping that everyone is keeping safe and warm around the country.

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Jan 2010 22:51

Hi Helen ~~~~ from over the road-ish ... isn't it pretty :)
have been watching it fall for the last hour or so, and the garden is covered and only a few car tracks to be seen on the road outside. came suddenly didn't it!

xx

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 5 Jan 2010 22:55

Yes it sure did. just like the lot that fell this morning while I was going to work, but then disappeared by mid morning. I bet your son isn't looking forward to doing his papers in the morning.

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Jan 2010 23:00

He's got a rotten cough Helen , so I've told him to wake me before he goes...as i might not let him lol..he wasn't impressed but agreed that if he still feels rough or the weather was awful he would consider not doing it...he does like his money though lol.

I hope you can get to work tomorrow...well if you want to that is lol

xx

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 5 Jan 2010 23:06

Oh I shall get to work tomorrow, might have to leave earlier that normal if this carries on. got to go as I've got a set of important keys, wouldn't mind not having to go though. lol

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Jan 2010 23:10

aww it's rotten when you are indespensible lol... mind how you go

xx

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 5 Jan 2010 23:33

I will do and hope that D is feeling a little better in the morning.