General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Positive thoughts for our MaxiMary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 04:45

I had a message from Mary to say the EMG showed up carpal tunnel syndrome so Mary has to wear a splint and rest lots. Therefore she won't be able to type and will be staying off the boards for the time being. I am sure she will find time to read the threads to keep up with things but won't be able to reply. If I get any messages I will pass them on.
I am sure we all wish her well and hope something can be done to help the problem

love
Lizxx

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 6 Jan 2010 07:48

Mary know this hurts, you will find it so much better once you wear the splints and rest. I have two lots of splints, one goes to the elbow the others just past the wrist. I ware the long splints on the computer as much more comfortable. Although mine are NOT for carpel tunnel. My dad however had carpel tunnel and had an operation for both arms in the early 1980's, it worked really well, he did not have problems after the op, but he was careful with any lifting and did not to do anything repetitive.

Take care of yourself for a change. I will miss you and your family stories while you are gone. I look forward to your post and look for them when on the PC.

Love and hugs

Gail

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2010 10:53

Thank you Liz, if you haven't could you copy this to the depressions threads so her friends on there can see it.

Hope the splints work Mary and that you can come back to us soon.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 6 Jan 2010 11:08

Hello Liz....please send my best wishes to Mary:o) Hope the splints work and that she must look after herself.

Can l just add.....there was a thread up some days ago for you, saying what a caring person you are, l can't reply to that thread cause me puter messes about, do you mind if l say something on this one:o))

You are the best, you are always there for people, you must have personal contact with so many peeps here and abroad, and we all know how much you can be trusted. Trust nowadays is abit rare but to have so many qualities is even rarer.

Take care:o)

love jude xxxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 15:29

Yes, I forgot to put this info on the depression thread too but will do so now.

Jude, thank you for those lovely words. I was very touched by Kathy's thread for me and the response it got but the shine was taken off by the unpleasant comments when I stuck up for Joyce a few days later. As you say I do hold some secrets or trust from people and when others don't know the whole picture, they should stop and think what they are saying, kind advice is one think but dictating to someone about what they should or shouldn't do is something else.

Anyway don't want to spoil Mary's thread so will let Mary know you are all thinking about her, I will try and phone her soon if I can prise o.h.'s phone with the cheaper rate off him lol

Take care everyone

Lizxx

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 6 Jan 2010 15:38

Hi thinking of you MaziMary i also have splints on both hands. There do help.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}for you

Hazelx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 6 Jan 2010 15:48

Hi Mary,

I feel for you......I have had both wrists operated on for Carpal Tunnel

Please try and get your doctor to refer you to a consultant as its the only way forward.

Its such an easy op....only takes 10mins.
Better than than all that pain and sleepless nights.

Thinking of you though.
Marilyn xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 15:58

Hi Marilyn,
how are you? Still in the cold here or sunning yourself?
The flowers are still gorgeous, so very cheering and of course I think of you every time I glance at them!

Mary is probably going to have an op but I will let you know the details later on.

Lizx

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 6 Jan 2010 16:06

Hi Liz ,

Off on Monday.......glad its not this week would never have got there ..LOL

Marilyn xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jan 2010 16:12

As soon as you get there (safely I hope) please send ginormous bag of sunshine, pretty please lol

Enjoy yourself with your friends, Marilyn

love
Lizxxx

Rita, thanks, I am ok, just cold! Hope you are keeping warm.

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Jan 2010 16:30

Thanks Liz for letting us know.

Mary.... this is Gods way of making you take things a little easier love.
Rest up as best as you can, and ENJOY IT.
Deanna XX

Carole

Carole Report 6 Jan 2010 17:05

Mary sorry to hear this news, now is time to slow down! Look after yourself a bit xx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 6 Jan 2010 23:21

Dear Purple

Hello

Could you please pass on my very best wishes to MaxiMary for a speedy recovery.

Take care.

Very best wishes
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2010 02:15

Just had a message from Mary, who has read the thread, and wants you to know how grateful she is for all your kind thoughts.
She is having a problem getting used to the splint as it stops her doing so much that we take for granted, fastening shoes and all sorts of personal things.

Also sadly an old friend has died suddenly after having a heart attack and being fitted with a pacemaker, she was doing well and suddenly relapsed and passed away. This has shocked and upset Mary so she is feeling very down at the moment.

Lots of love winging it's way to you, Mary, we are with you all the way.

Lizxxx

JustJean

JustJean Report 7 Jan 2010 09:59

Lots of gentle hugs for Mary, sent with love and prayers....

Jean x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2010 17:38

Mary has let me know that the splint helped her have a good night's sleep and is easing the pain a bit so she is resting as much as possible with her family set up and hoping things get easier soon.

She appreciates all your positive caring thoughts and sends her love to you all.

Lizxx