General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THANKYOU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 6 Jan 2010 11:46

In these dreadful weather conditions l would like to say a big thankyou to all the wonderful nurses, carers and our police and ambulance men and women for getting in to work today, my OH said a lot of the nurse had walked a good few miles to get in this morning but more just couldn't make it.
Well done to you all.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2010 12:06

I will add my thanks to that, many unsung heroes and heroines out there. Well done to all of them.

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Jan 2010 12:13

I agree.
I have had medical people get through some dreadful weather to get to an appointment with me in my home.
THANKS GIRLS AND BOYS.
Deanna X

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 6 Jan 2010 12:17

Yes, they are the ones who deserve New Year Honours - not the celebs. etc

LW

Deanna

Deanna Report 6 Jan 2010 12:20

LW... I also agree with that.

People like that who often earn a very low wage are rarely recognised.
Celebs... they earn a fortune, isn't that thanks enough?
Deanna X

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 6 Jan 2010 12:56

Just heard a report on radio 2 from a lady in Sussex, it took her 16 hrs to get from .....? (can't remember) to Sussex,(usually 1hr 40 mins,they had 2 dogs and lots of their belonging as they had just moved house) when she and her family restarted their journey this morning out in the middle of nowhere they were greeted by a lady and her son who had loaded a sledge or simular with hot drinks and cookies for people stranded.......the Sx lady said she had no idea where they had come from, it was in the middle of nowhere, but how kind. l wonder how many people they helped?

Well done that lady and your son:o))

jude :o)

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 6 Jan 2010 13:03

Agree with you all,

Well done all those men and woman

Hazelx