General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

video to dvd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 6 Jan 2010 19:00

Does anyone know if it is possible to record pre-recorded vhs tapes onto dvd please
Thanks, Liz

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 6 Jan 2010 19:02

yes i know it is but i think you need a special machine thingy to do it

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2010 19:02

MY BUTLER DID ALL OUR VIDEOS
SO IT IS POSSIBLE

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 6 Jan 2010 19:03

We have been able to put tapes we have recorded from tv onto dvd, but not pre-recorded ones - any ideas please???
Liz

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Jan 2010 19:05

i think you'll find the copyright laws prevent it being possible ..........

TeresaW

TeresaW Report 6 Jan 2010 19:05

I want to put my sister's wedding video on to DVD, it's got my dad on it. So if anyone knows how, I'll be interested too.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 6 Jan 2010 19:07

We only want to copy to dvd from tapes we have, as dvd's take up so much less space, and then get rid of the tapes
Liz

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 6 Jan 2010 19:11

We have tried, but it only works on ones we have recorded ourselves, the pre recorded tapes must have a "signal" in them.
Liz

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Jan 2010 19:38

pre-recorded tapes, ie films etc you buy

are copyright protected - you are not allowed to and cannot copy them

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 6 Jan 2010 20:17

I got a set of cables as a Xmas present (USB2.0 Grabber) which is supposed to work via your p.c. but I haven't yet worked out how to connect the video macine to my p.c. The instructions are pretty awful. I assumed that I could upload my videos to my p.c. and then burn to dvd but no luck so far. Anyone else used this set up?