General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CENSUS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 7 Jan 2010 13:01

When did we last fill one in and whens the next one ?

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 7 Jan 2010 13:05

I think that it was 2001. So the next one should be next year. Last one was pages long, they asked for all sorts of info that some people didn't want to reveal.

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 7 Jan 2010 13:06

Thanks i couldn't for the life of me remember when it was

julia

Sidami

Sidami Report 7 Jan 2010 14:08

We fill one in every 10 years

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Jan 2010 14:31

I thought of that this week! Then, remembering that the ones we are always looking end in a 1 - 1881, 91, 01 etc. I realised we were due next year. Where have those 10 years gone??

Lancashire Witch

Lancashire Witch Report 7 Jan 2010 15:32

In 2001, I traipsed round the streets giving out the Census forms and collecting them. Exercise did me good but ended up with shin splints. . Never, never again!!

LW

Joy

Joy Report 7 Jan 2010 16:12

Photocopy kept, 2001.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2010 16:21

We didn't go so far as being Jehdi, but daughters said they were Pagan, and I declared myself a Heathen!
If I remember rightly, there was no 'No Religion' box!

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 7 Jan 2010 17:13

gayly looking through jobcentre jobs for this area last night to give eldet idea of weahts about and theres a job for someone to drive around verifying addresses ready for the census.

Be nice if they actually took off the list the school house at end of our road that isnt there anymore after the kids burnt it down

true to form every cenus so far i have been at a different place so stay here another year or sso then need to move in time for the 2021 census

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 7 Jan 2010 17:29

I remember the Jedhi thing. Word had got around that if over a certain percentage of people said that they were of a specific religion, that religion would have to become an official one. Hence a lot of people were putting Jedhi!
I don't know if Jedhi is now an official religion of the country or not.
I can't remember what I put as my religion. I really didn't want to be pigeonholed, I may have put Pagan orsomething like that though.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 7 Jan 2010 17:32

Joy, I hadn't thought of getting it photocopied. What a good idea. Have you put it in your Family Tree Box?
Will try to remember to do that myself next year. A little bit of history to hand down to my grandchildren.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Jan 2010 18:29

OH made me put him down as Jedi, I put myself as Pagan. When it came to the ethnicity question we had a right old time.

OH was born London but his mother is from Trinidad of Indian roots and his father is from Mauritius and also of Indian roots with a sprinkling of Portuguese. You try describing that when if you are from Trinidad your automatically classed as Afro Carribean. Hopefully I can replicate the answer we gave last time.

If only you could put World citizen!