General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with e-mailing FTM reports SORTED!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 7 Jan 2010 14:59

Hi
Any advice would be good here, it is something have done before on FTM but just can't remember how!
What I would like to do is send a "Descendents of......." report from FTM in the form of an e-mail or attachment. I don't want to send the whole of my tree just a bit of it, so I have got what I want to send on the screen, 5 generations of part of my tree, 2 pages in all.............................................NOW WHAT????
HELP PLEASE!!
Thank You!
Tina

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jan 2010 15:28

I have done it the long way round by printing off the report then scanning it in to my documents, and then attaching each sheet from there as an attachment to the email.

Shirley

Tina

Tina Report 7 Jan 2010 15:38

Thank You both for that advice, I too am scared that I am going to end up either deleting the whole lot or sending pages and pages of stuff!!!
I think I will do exactly as you say Shirley, i already have it printed off so now will scan it back in and attach it!!

Did I mention I got a very nice new scanner-printer-copier for christmas!!! It's one of those fancy wireless ones so I can press the print button from my laptop in the comfort of the sofa and hey presto it appears upstairs for me to gather up from the printer when I can be bothered to go up there!!!!!

Thank You for your help!! Sorted Now

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Jan 2010 15:46

OOh Tina I,m a bit green eyed on that scanner sounds just the job. i have a Lexmark all in one scanner/printer etc which does a brilliant job but is soooooooooo expensive on ink cartridges needing one each of colour and black .I have used compatibles but it eventually spat em back at me by not wanting to do decent prints so have had to go back to the Lexmark brand.
Shirley