General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Really fed up --History repeating itself!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 7 Jan 2010 17:56

On the day of my 21st birthday party there was a blizzard and loads didn't make it, my mum and dad ended up in A&E with my brother who was allergic to my aunties cat!! then my sister got off with my botfriend (mind I didn't fight her for him as I wasn't that keen!!)
Saturday is my 50th birthday party
my dad spent 4 hours in A&E slipped on ice and damaged his shoulder, several friends are snow bound and my sis can't make it cos her hubby and son have come down with swine flu and have been in bed for the last 36 hours!!. has someone got something against me :)
Maybe I'll win my free game of bingo tonight--there was going to be 5 of us but m-i-l is poorly in bed and wants to put herself right for saturday and my best friends pipes have froze and her bathroom has flooded!! HELP!!!!!!!!
carol of the freezing north

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2010 18:27

Maggie, hope you o.h. gets home safely, that will be a good enough present for now eh?

Carol, it does seem as if you are jinxed, you will have to tick your parents off for not being more careful about the time of year you were born!!

I hope you can have a celebration and maybe if you can salvage some of the cost, you can have another party later on.

Take care, and have as happy a time as you can. Hope your Dad will be ok and your relatives get over the swine flu soon, without passing it on to your sis.

Lizx

Huia

Huia Report 7 Jan 2010 18:48

Carol, happy birthday for Saturday. You are 2 days older than my son. But he will have his birthday on your Sunday afternoon since NZ is 12 hours ahead (well, I think it is 13 at present due to our daylight saving, but who is counting?)

Huia.

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 7 Jan 2010 20:49

Is your sister's husband the same boyfriend she nicked off you all those years ago? If so, perhaps the swine flu is some kind of divine retribution?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Jan 2010 21:10

Charlie, have you lost the chuckles off your name?

Sorry about all the problems, that is the trouble with being born in January I guess. I hope at least some people can make it and that anyway you will have a good birthday.

Ann
Glos

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 7 Jan 2010 21:28

What a great story to tell the grandchildren and great nephews and neices.............

we use to sit and listen to great stories!! I think made up or s t r ea che ed by my grand parents ...fantastic and still today we tell the story of the turkey that was to big for the oven!!!

Have a great birthday and just have it another weekend ....

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 7 Jan 2010 22:18

there's still around 30 people who live locally coming. we've got an excuse for a few nights out with family and friends who live away later in the year--that's if the ice age hasn't started lol.
mum says i was born during a snow storm so that's got to be the reason!!!
I live in Hartlepool, so if anyone lives near let me know you'd be welcome--a sort of "meet"!!! lol
No, the boyfriend was achili eating, US serviceman who was from New Mexico!!! She found out very quickly that he was better as a friend than a boyfriend!!
I didn't win at bingo, few "sweats" but we had a great laug., There was about2" of snow when we came out and the roads that were gritted were even covered brrrr Hope all your loved ones that are away or travelling all get home safely, keep warm everyone xxxx

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 7 Jan 2010 22:39

Charlie - I'm just along the road from you in Stockton on Tees. Have you seen my thread "anyone else in Cleveland UK"? Will give it a nudge for you

Julia

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 8 Jan 2010 08:37

can't find it Julia give it another nudge x

Persephone

Persephone Report 8 Jan 2010 08:56

I'm up the way from Huia a bit and yes we are 13 hours ahead of the Brits. I hope you have a good celebration - lots of hot toddys sound in order. I will have a drambuie in your honour... not every day a body gets to be 50. Huia's son will be 50 and my daughter was 40 not so long ago so we are in the upper age bracket but we still feel young.

cheers

Norma

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 8 Jan 2010 12:16

Ooh Carol, Carol, (jumps up and down), I'll come Carol.

On second thoughts, I might bore everybody to death with my latest amazing genealogical discoveries. Damned records office, hurry up with my certificate, lol.

Beth :)

Charlie chuckles

Charlie chuckles Report 8 Jan 2010 20:31

your very welcome Beth--the woodcutter is the venue--if you put you wellies on and start walking now you might get there in time
lol