General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The best thing about the snow ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2010 18:28

is that hopefully, at last, this really cold weather will kill of lots of the bugs and viruses that have been doing the rounds over the previous milder winters and we can start spring with less illness and such so we can all stay healthier in the future.

Lizx

Julia

Julia Report 7 Jan 2010 18:41

Hi Liz,I hope you are right about it killing the bugs off. OH and I have had this wretched cold for nearly 3 weeks. I have never had one like it before in my lifetime. Unfortunately I missed my 'flu jab this year and the swine 'flu jab, because I was in hospital when they did them at my GP's. I made another appointment, and blow me, I was in hospital again. I will have to ask if they are still doing them. Certainly whilst I have been having the ordinary 'flu jab, I have sailed through the winter.
OH has banned me from my weekly trip to Morrisons tomorrow, which I really do enjoy, in case someone breathes on me, and I catch something. Next time I am up the hospital, I'm going to ask for some of those surgeons masks. I am awful in the summer when I go to the garden centre. I cannot breathe, and OH has to go inside, whilst I stay at the door and point to which plant I want.
Well off do fry his bacon and eggs.
Will speak again tomorrow
Take care
Julia in Derbyshire

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 7 Jan 2010 19:07

I wish lol.
Mil is in hospital, fell in snow and broke her hip. Her ward has a warning about a sickness bug, half the staff are off with it. now my 88yr FIL has been sick. Its been down to -16 here so it's not worked so far lol.

Will kill some bugs...I hope

Marion

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Jan 2010 19:24

Marion, what a worry for you, hope m.i.l. will be ok and f.i.l. too - hope you can stay healthy but I guess you don't have a choice!!!!!

take care everyone,

LIzxxx

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 7 Jan 2010 19:56

Julia, you can make masks with some muslin and tape. Cut oblongs to the size you need and layer at least two pieces, sew then together, and add tapes at each corner. They have the added benefit of being washable. Sorry, forgot, a handkerchief can be treated the same.