General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOOD PRICES !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 7 Jan 2010 20:40

I am not one for going from shop to shop looking to save a few pennies as I would use up what I save on petrol.

So, I thought a thread to inform friends on GR of any bargains they come across would help each other.

My bargain on Monday was a pack of 4 tins John West tuna for less than the price of 3 at my local co-op.

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 8 Jan 2010 07:39

nudge

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 8 Jan 2010 11:20

Hi Rita,
I do understand that without a car shopping can be difficult.

I only do a major shop once a month as I live out in the sticks, which is normally at costco. But I am fortunate enough to have 3 small freezers, 1 indoors and 2 in the outhouse and plenty of storage room.
I only by what I would normally use. They had a bargain before christmas of 3 large chickens for £3.00, so they went in the freezer.
Its the odd little bits that I might run out of that I shop locally for, and sometimes they have the odd bargain.

Stay warm

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jan 2010 11:31

Dear Rita, some 25 odd years ago, we went to live in Witney on Oxfordshire, for OH's work. They had a Waitrose. So coming from rural Derbyshire, it was an eye opener for us. This shop introduced us to foods, still not available here in Derbyshire. Being foodies, we loved this. It was marvelous. Nowadays, our nearest one is in Nottingham city centre
some 10 or so miles away. I dearly long with all my heart that they branch out and come a little nearer. All that is available to me is Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons, and the Co-op. I choose Morrisons for their selection of fresh veg.
Julia in Derbyshire

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 8 Jan 2010 12:29

Thankyou Barbra,

Thats exactly the type of thing we need to know about.
Anything that makes life that little bit cheaper (pricewise) and easier.
Thankyou Sylvia

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 8 Jan 2010 13:36

All these at tes*o

HALF PRICE Was £7.49 Now £3.74
FAIRY DISHWASHER 28/22 PACK

Any 2 for £4.00
HEINZ VEGETABLE OR CREAM OF CHICKEN OR TOMATO SOUP 4 PACK

How manyTes*o Tuna Chunks In Brine 4x185g
Any 2 for £5.00 - valid from 04/01/2010 until 19/01/2010

HALF PRICE Was £9.99 Now £4.99
YOUNGS WILD PINK SALMON FILLETS 600G
£4.99

HALF PRICE Was £1.29 Now 64p
PRINCES ROUND HAM 200G
£0.64

HALF PRICE Was £3.00 Now £1.50
TES*O DANEPAK BACON RASHERS 220G
From £1.50

HALF PRICE Was £4.00 Now £2.00
TES*O RIVERWAY CUMBERLAND SAUSAGE 681G
£2.00

just a few of their offers

Redrobin

Redrobin Report 8 Jan 2010 13:49

Thanks Pollypoppet,

Some good savings to be had there.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2010 14:29

It is just a general tip

but just into New Year I bought a 5kg back of red potatoes at A*da for 50p ! nothing wrong except a bit mishapen and muddy ... and only a couple of days 'in date' but they taste fine, baked, boiled , roasted ...101 uses lol.

always worth seeing what offers they have on veg close to use by date ... the same went for some white cabbage, 1 day in date but still lovely crisp and green, very cheap.

xx