General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

has anyone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Jan 2010 11:01

fell over in the snow yet???

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 9 Jan 2010 11:16

No - 'cos I'm either indoors (home or work) or tottering along like an old lady. Proper walking boots, small steps, and only a small amount of shrieking works for me!

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Jan 2010 11:18

lol budgie, with any look she is shovely snow from hers to mine, so i can go to hers, to steal food, without falling over haha

haha grumpy, i have ::( fell twice yesterday haha
once bringing the baby home from school, went ful flat on me back
and then getting in me dads, car me foot slipped n i ended up ont he deck

no injuries tho lololol xxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2010 11:52

Glad you were not hurt Stray (dare I ask what you had on your feet?) I have only been out once, yesterday and was very cautious, I think we are very aware as we get older that falling can cause broken bones, not funny at our age so we are staying in.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Jan 2010 12:00

me big "fake" ugg boots lol

the first was going to cross the road, and as the curb dipped i didnt notice n fell lol baby satan was histerical! lol

mind were all walking little slow steps, and he runs in it, tuns my stomach he does xxx

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 9 Jan 2010 12:13

I feel sorry for my poor pooch. I can't take him out in this weather as he would pull me over. OH can manage him most of the time but when really icy he has the same problem. Poor old dog is mainly confined to garden and chase games up and down the stairs!

Roll on the thaw, I'm really bored with all this snow ...

Jill (feeling grumpy this morning!)

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Jan 2010 12:45

grumpy this morning!!! your ALWAYS grumpt
would u lke a home made mince pie? jam tart? or lemoncurd tart?
baked by baby satan this morning, i helped alittle lol xx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 9 Jan 2010 13:04

hmmmmm I predicted you would fall near a kerb watch yer ankle Stray ** evil cackle**

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Jan 2010 14:23

Yes, me. going downhill ( In more ways than one) ice under the snow.Arse over apex.Did,nt damage the paving though.**M**.:o))>

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jan 2010 14:26

rule one

always wear correct footwear

ive never fallen in my stilettos

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Jan 2010 14:30

My dog goes at a gentle trot and pulls me behind her...mush! mush! *crosses fingers...so far so good.....BCXX

Merlin

Merlin Report 9 Jan 2010 14:32

Never known anyone to fall into Stillettoes.:0))>**M**.

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 9 Jan 2010 14:34

One of our dogs nearly had me over yesterday....OH was in the front with the other two and she just had to keep pulling as she wanted to catch up.
They are not getting out today as its blowing a blooming blizzard here on the Norfolk coast .

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 9 Jan 2010 15:07

I am not ALWAYS grumpy Stray!

Just most of the time ... LOL

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 9 Jan 2010 15:10

It's awful down here in Kent Amanda.

Poor old dog. Yesterday evening he stood in the garden, in the snow, looking up into the sky trying to work out where all this cold stuff was coming from. His ears were out sideways from his head - which is what he does when he's being really curious about something. It was so funny!

And when he went for a walk with OH round a quiet nearby snowed in estate - they met a snowman. I don't think the dog has ever seen one and apparently he wanted to run off in the opposite direction. OH had trouble keeping him close - LOL

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Jan 2010 15:14

How funny...my dog just loves this weather. In fact we played snowballs in the park this morning! Well...er...I did:-) lol

Kate

Kate Report 9 Jan 2010 15:24

Yes - the other day, after I'd been into town. The irony was, I had got into town, down the slope where the cashpoint is, through the market and all the way back to my road and then I slipped on the ice about fifty yards from my front door!

Have been to stock up on dog food, cat food and milk - we have got enough potatoes and frozen stuff but thought I'd better get something for the "creatures", and I dug a path so the dog can get to the lawn. I've taken to "penguin walking" down the road!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2010 16:34

I should stay in bed then Mac, or take more water with it!!

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 9 Jan 2010 16:40

ill be rolling myself in it ont he way home fromt he pub tnyt i should magine lol xxx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 9 Jan 2010 20:08

SHOVES STRAY DOWN THE HILL
ON HER MUMS TEA TRAY

COVERS EARS AS SHE SCREAMS

STRAY ADVICE DONT WEAR A SKIRT WHEN
SLEDGING, YOU WONT SEE WHERE YOUR GOING,,,,,,,,,,
stu said that,,,lol

YES I HAVE SLIPPED ON SNOW,,,,REPEATEDLY

AND HURT MY BUM ,,,REPEATEDLY,,MUCH TO
A CERTAIN PERSONS AMUSEMENT