General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help, i'm stuck :).

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 9 Jan 2010 12:05

What should i do if i've sent messages to people and they don't reply? How should i go about finding out more?
Thanks, Nat x.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 9 Jan 2010 12:10

Sometimes people take a long time to reply.

Some may have left the site.

Are you completely stuck on your research? Have you tried posting a thread on Trying to Find board? Plenty of people will help or point you in the right direction.

Jill

Annina

Annina Report 9 Jan 2010 14:54

Hi Nat,you won't get much joy out of Hot Matches,in a year I think Iv'e had three replies.
Like Mrs Grumpy says,if you are stuck,ask for help on the boards,there are lots of nice folk willing to help for a please and thankyou.

Good luck,Nina from Sheffield.

Natalie

Natalie Report 10 Jan 2010 21:45

Thankyou both for your great advice, i'll try it out!!
Sorry i didn't reply sooner, i've been away from the computer, but thanks a million for your help!!
x.

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 10 Jan 2010 22:11

Natalie, Have you checked whether the people you have sent messages to have opened them yet? If you goto your sent messages and look at the envelope on the left-hand side, it will either be grey, which means it has been opened, grey with a green arrow which means they have replied, or purple with the flap unopened, this means they haven't read the message yet. This could be for several reasons, they have either been busy and haven't checked their mail lately, because of holidays etc. They have changed their email addy and are not getting an email from Genes to say that they have a message awaiting them on the site, or they have let their membership lapse and cannot reply to messages.

Hope this helps

Helen