General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing since 1979 from Kings Cross,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 9 Jan 2010 14:11

does anyone remember this case? A friend forwarded this to me, its actually on the main missing peoples website, but I was so surprised that Ive never heard of this poor lad before....has there been no publicity? His poor family, it must be so awful. The papers should have publicised this more.
Edit: Have found old Daily Mail story, it seems there was publicity at the time, although it quickly dried up.
http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/adults/detail.asp?dsid=2748

RStar

RStar Report 9 Jan 2010 14:15

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237974/Parents-Martin-Allen-disappeared-30-years-ago-make-final-plea-information.html

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 9 Jan 2010 15:17

I was living overseas then.... I didn't see it I am afraid.

Curiously... your link didn't work, Romany, so I just googled the site name, and up it came... so I scrolled through until I found it...and then I was compelled to carry on. I must have scrolledover 100 missing people, most missing very recently... some elderly people, some middle aged, but most youngsters.

Almost all the girls in the 13 to 25 age group are of Oriental origins... many not able to speak English, and most looking very solemn in their photographs... there were about half a dozen young women and girls from other nationalities.... but at least 30 are Oriental. I have just had a sob as my imagination has run riot.

The lads in the same age bracket?... well many of them were either Oriental/Vietnamese... some were of Caucasian backgrounds, but by far the vast majority were young lads of Asian backgrounds..... I really don't even want to begin to think where all these young people, male and female, have ended up.

I am not being rascist, by the way... it is glaringly obvious when one looks through the site... and I wonder what tragedy has either befallen them... caused them to run away to who knows what... or been abducted for heaven alone knows what reason.

No-one can tell me that the number of missing youngsters on that site reflects the ethnic origins of the youngsters in Britain today.

My heart just breaks for them. And their families, too.

Love

Daff xxxxx

Fiona aka Ruby

Fiona aka Ruby Report 9 Jan 2010 15:34

I do remember that case quite well, I used that station regularly at the time, although I must admit to having forgotten it until you reminded me.
I seem to recall that his name used to be mentioned occasionally, when other children went missing over the next few years.

It's all rather dreadful, and I do feel for his poor parents.

RStar

RStar Report 9 Jan 2010 16:01

Daff, you know thats exactly what I said to my friend! On the left side of the site it says 'children', when you click on it 95% seem to be oriental teens....where are they all disappearing to? They seem to be coming over in droves and vanishing. I dont know if theyve been lenient with their ages, but I know when people come into the country illegally if they can pass as being under 18 they're classed as vulnerable and put in care. Some are probably in their 20's. It must be a huge drain on resources. I just hope theyre actually ok, and living/working with relatives. Because the other possibilities are horrific.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 9 Jan 2010 17:00

I would be inclined to just gloss over and think * oh well, illegal immigrants gone into hiding* except that so many look so young and vulnerable and helpless... and someone is missing them enough to ask where they are.

And then you think..... well maybe they have been smuggled in, and maybe someone has missed them.. but maybe they have been hidden in safety and those who are searching for them are not very nice... we hear so many stories, and we know the truth of some of those stories, too.... how many little girls and young boys are hiding from not just authority, but from those who wish them serious harm.

Like I said.... I was very upset reading those files.

Love

Daff xxx