General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ice-bound birds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

suzian

suzian Report 9 Jan 2010 23:01

I couldv'e told you this before, but ......

A friend of mine was driving home in the deep snow in the deepest Durham dales. Caught in her headlights she saw a bird, nearly frozen in the snow.

She headed home, but, after a cup of tea, her conscience got the better of her, so she got back into the jeep and drove back to rescue the bird

She stopped, picked it up, and the poor thing was frozen solid. Trying to warm it up, she snapped its frozen wing ..........

She was torn by guilt . until she realised it was, in fact, a frozen glove......

Sue x

me

me Report 9 Jan 2010 23:03

lol

Amanda2003

Amanda2003 Report 9 Jan 2010 23:05

A rare bird ....forever know as the " lesser digits " from that day onwards : ))

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 9 Jan 2010 23:06

*lightbulb....so it wasn't a pigeon that Hayley killed...it was merely a frozen glove! She will be so relieved:-) pmsl BCXX

suzian

suzian Report 9 Jan 2010 23:06

It gets better - the next day, there was a glove suspended above her desk, with the legend ----------- "the glove from above"

S x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jan 2010 00:11

OMG - ROFLMAO

Lee

Lee Report 10 Jan 2010 05:02

Should have gone to Specsavers..........;-))))))

Stevie

Stevie Report 10 Jan 2010 14:13

The Glove from Above!!!!........... lmao

:o))))